Gs300 Interest

Hi,

I'm interested in the GS300. Can anyone tell me how well it drives in the snow? I live in Massachusetts and we had a big snow season, so I would like to prepare myself if I decide to go with the GS300. Would I need to get snow tires in the second year? Can I also get an idea of a good price if I get the option: leather seat, heated seats, trunk mat and locking wheel nuts.

:)

Thanks,

Bzinger

I've never driven a GS in the snow, but from hearing what others have to say and driving my dad's RWD LS in the snow, its not going to be good at all without snow tires.

Most GS3s have the premium package, which has the heated seat, leather etc.

Actually some people prefer it because you can steer the car with the throttle. If you aren't experienced this way however, be very careful. Snow tires and sandbags can make almost any RWD car much easier to drive in the snow.

I just moved up to Illinois from Texas a couple of months ago and was very concerned with my GS's response in the snow. I had lived in Kansas City when I first bought the car with Bridgestones on it and had terrible experience in a light snowfall there just before I moved south. I did experience about an inch snowfall a month ago in Illinois with my Michelin Pilot XGT's and that was no fun at all. When I got back to my office I called Tire Rack and they overnighted four Artic Alpin's to me and a local dealer did the install on my car (is even storing my summer tires for me).

What a difference! We had a 7 inch snowfall a week or so ago and my car was totally different with the snow tires. I used the snow setting on the ECT to change the starting gear and did take it a little easy but I found that I was able to get around town with absolutely no traction issues. Even went up some decent slopes that I saw FWD & SUV's struggling with traction on. The tires are Q rated so I watch my top end speed and am looking forward to getting the Pilot's back on in a week or so.

I'm very happy with the GS using the Artic Alpins to handle snow.

• 4 weeks later...