Iphone Dock Diy Es350

Dennis18r

Custom DIY ashtray iPhone Dock for Lexus ES350.  This was my way of making the dock fit in the ashtray space without having wires and cords hanging everywhere.  It charges and plays music over the AUX input instead of an FM modulator that normally gives a lot of static. I don't have Nav so I used a power cord/Aux cable combo I bought at RadioShack. It's a Y style cord where the single end becomes a iPhone connection. I removed the entire middle console and arm rest, disconnected the power outlet and Aux cable and moved it under the cup holder/shift area. Plugged in my RadioShack cord and routed the iPhone end to a hole I made in the ashtray. I made the hoke big enough to fix a black adapter I had to hold the iPhone. Put it all together and some epoxy... iPhone Doc complete! Works great, charges phone and plays music over Aux input. And the ashtray closes up perfectly without showing any cords. Clean!