Stereo Cuts Out

Hi,

I have a 2006 GS300 with Mark Levenson Audio and Nav. I listen to my music LOUD and after 76000 miles, it is finally giving me trouble. It started 2 nights ago. I was listening to it and it cut out the sound. This is happening with any source (CD, FM, etc). I turned down the volume, and it came back on. If I turned it up, it cut out again. The volume goes from 0 to 62, but now anything above 30-31 will cause the audio to cut out.

I tried the stereo last 2 days and same thing. Also tried with the car parked and just have the power in the ACC position (push the start button once without my foot off the brake). In that mode, the stereo plays, but without the subwoofer. Still has the same problem. At levels up to 30 or so, the music still sounds great and no distortion or pops and clicks.

Anyone have any ideas as to if you think it is the head, amp, or a speaker? Any ideas as where to proceed to check things out?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

• 1 month later...

I have blown many a speaker in my Lexus coupe, and it sounds like (or rather lack of sounds) you have done the same. If the sound is coming in and out, you might need to replace one or more of the speakers.

• 5 years later...
On 7/30/2011 at 6:15 PM, boB_2006_GS300 said:

Hi,

I have a 2006 GS300 with Mark Levenson Audio and Nav. I listen to my music LOUD and after 76000 miles, it is finally giving me trouble. It started 2 nights ago. I was listening to it and it cut out the sound. This is happening with any source (CD, FM, etc). I turned down the volume, and it came back on. If I turned it up, it cut out again. The volume goes from 0 to 62, but now anything above 30-31 will cause the audio to cut out.

I tried the stereo last 2 days and same thing. Also tried with the car parked and just have the power in the ACC position (push the start button once without my foot off the brake). In that mode, the stereo plays, but without the subwoofer. Still has the same problem. At levels up to 30 or so, the music still sounds great and no distortion or pops and clicks.

Anyone have any ideas as to if you think it is the head, amp, or a speaker? Any ideas as where to proceed to check things out?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Did you ever find out what was causing this ????????????? Exact same problem here