Looking At Is 350

Hello,

My cousin has a a 2006 IS 350 that he recently got into a light head-on collision and he bought it back from the insurance company. The car is fully loaded with 97k miles. I want to buy it back from him. Here is my concern/question:

I believed that are a couple recalls that haven't been taken care of.

1) Will the dealer still fix the recalls if it has been in accident?

2) @97k, what kind of service(s) do I need, assume he didn't do the 90k service. How much will that cost at a independent shop?

3) does it need timing belt or this car runs on timing chain?

Thanks

To what "recalls" are you referring. Normally work under Toyota/Lexus "Technical Service Information Bulletins" (TSIB) is done at no cost only during the basic or power train warranties depending on the nature of the issue. This car is out of warranty on both.

The maintenance requirements, including for the 90,000 service, may be viewed without registering at https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/info/my-lexus/resources/owners-manual-search.do

The IS350 has a timing chain.

To what "recalls" are you referring. Normally work under Toyota/Lexus "Technical Service Information Bulletins" (TSIB) is done at no cost only during the basic or power train warranties depending on the nature of the issue. This car is out of warranty on both.

The maintenance requirements, including for the 90,000 service, may be viewed without registering at https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/info/my-lexus/resources/owners-manual-search.do

The IS350 has a timing chain.

Great info.

Thank you.

I registered and here are the safety recalls based on the VIN number I provided:

Safety Recall BLA Certain 2006 - 2007 GS, 2006 - early 2009 IS 250 and 2006 - early 2008 IS 350 vehicles Insufficient Tightening of the Fuel Pressure Sensor

Safety Recall ALG - Certain 2006 Model Year Lexus IS and GS Vehicles & Certain 2004 through 2006 Model Year RX Vehicles Brake Master Cylinder Cup Replacement

Safety Recall ALE - Certain Lexus GS 350, GS 450h, GS 460, IS 350, LS 460, LS 460 L, and LS 600h L Vehicles - Valve Spring

Safety Recall 9LG - Potential Floor Mat Interference with Accelerator Pedal