Routine Maintenance Delay

rob_es350

just crossed 10k miles..car is great

put the synthetic in at 5k so comfortable waiting somewhat past 10k to bring it back

figure 12k or 13k is fine for next routine service

anyone else use the synthetic and delay the recommended 5k service

Consult your maintenance manual to see if extending the oil change interval is allowed under the 6 year / 70,000 mile power train warranty for your model.

ahhh, good point, will have to check it out..though a couple of thou miles either way prob does not make a difference

even if I stick closer to the 5k service, I will continue to use the synthetic..the more I read about the benefits of the synthetic the more obvious it is that it is worth the extra money..especially if driving a mostly local, and a bit aggressive

if you paid up for a Lexus, seems silly not to use the synthetic..everybody on board with that?

I would never even consider doing this. Not that it would cause any issues, it probably wouldn't, but if Lexus ever has the opportunity to pin a claim on you using longer oil change intervals then they will. I use synthetic too, but change it at 5k miles.

I would never even consider doing this. Not that it would cause any issues, it probably wouldn't, but if Lexus ever has the opportunity to pin a claim on you using longer oil change intervals then they will. I use synthetic too, but change it at 5k miles.

yip, was leaning towards sticking with the scheduled maintenance, but your advice seals it for me

I will make an appt soon..somewhere between 10, and 11k miles now so still ok for regular 5k service

and yeah, I will still use the synthetic, that seems like a no-brainer

had the 10k service...essentially a $200 oil change,lol...but not comfortable bringing it anywhere else

with my previous cars, all maxima's, I just brought them to jiffy lube and only went to the dealer if something major was needed, essentially never...synthetic oil change at jiffy was well under $100 as I recall