New Rims

Hello,

I am looking to purchase new rims for my 2005 GX 470. Honestly, the standard 17" rims are not cutting it. I understand that if the rims and tires are too large, then the performance may suffer. If someone is able to give me some ideas or offer some advice, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Dante

What do you mean "not cutting it"? Does your GX handle poorly, or are you just not turning enough heads without a chromed set of oversize 22" rims?

One thing to consider when you transition to oversize rims and short sidewall tires is the roughness of the ride. You'll be able to corner at higher speeds, but you'll feel every seam in the concrete. If you live where road maintenance is poor (potholes), you can easily bottom out a short sidewall, and ding your rim beyond repair. An expensive experience just to look cool. And you can forget about taking the GX off-road.

• 2 weeks later...

Try the 18" Limited rims from a Toyota 4Runner. I've seen them on a GX before and they look nice. You won't have to worry about any rubbing issues. Look for the limited rims from a 06-09 Toyota 4Runner

• 3 weeks later...

Try the 18" Limited rims from a Toyota 4Runner. I've seen them on a GX before and they look nice. You won't have to worry about any rubbing issues. Look for the limited rims from a 06-09 Toyota 4Runner

22" are so sweet

post-132951-0-97607300-1314720632_thumb.