Power Window Problem

Hey folks,

Discovered a problem this evening that my back passenger side window is not working on my 2005 ES 330. Does not work with the drivers side controls, nor the actual back passenger one. Also noticed on the back passenger switch green light was flashing (when all others stay on as normal). So I think I can rule out a fuse. Sounds like it might be the relay switch itself. Any thoughts, suggestions on the fix are very much appreciated.

:cheers:

Not that this helps any, but I had to replace my rear passenger door switch with one from a crappy old Toyota truck. Same part, same connections, everything. Works great.

Yours does sound like a relay, or maybe the motor itself is out. That's nice your car is telling you something is amiss.

Good luck.

You might want to lower the driver's window so you don't lock yourself out by accident.

With the ignition in the ON position:

1) Take a seat inside the car next to the problem window/door.

2) Open the door.

3) Depress the window switch (as if to open the window).

4) While depressing the window switch, use your other hand to slam the door shut. The window should now function normally.

5) Repeat step 4 with more force if the window doesn't open.

This remedy worked for me more than once; there is a TSB to install a spacer, though I am unsure of the details.

You might want to lower the driver's window so you don't lock yourself out by accident.

2) Open the door.

4) While depressing the window switch, use your other hand to slam the door shut. The window should now function normally.

This remedy worked for me more than once; there is a TSB to install a spacer, though I am unsure of the details.

Well I'll be a monkey's A$$!!! It worked exactly how you described it!!! And working perfectly again! Very much appreciated!! B)

:cheers:

2) Open the door.

The details are that a thin rubber strip is inserted between the top window run and door frame to keep the window regulator from jamming all the way up. It works and you won't have to slam your back door any more.

A few years ago my dealer replaced the power window motor on my 03 es (warranty). I guess the TSB had not been issued yet. Later it stuck again. I read about the door slam method on this site. LOC has also saved me a chunk of change over the years. I got the OE Toyo tires replaced at no charge after reading about tire noise complaints on this site.Sewell Lexus parts also gives a nice discount to LOC members.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...

Old post.   My driver side window appeared to be stuck, the button didn't respond with a "click" or anything from the regulator.   I used a bar and hammer to tap on the regulator, i guess it got it working again.   My longer term intentions are to get one off a low mileage wreck or if a new one isn't that expensive, will just replace!

• 2 months later...
On 8/6/2011 at 5:29 PM, Syzygy said:

Worked like a charm on my '04. Thanks for saving me a trip to the dealer!!

Yep when I bought my brand new lexus ES330 from the dealer there was a sticker on the window saying "the fitted tires may last 10,000 miles" oe Toyo tires ...at 9000 miles they were almost bald . At my next service I had already replaced them with Goodyear YK520s and questioned the service manager about these 10,000 mile tires. He told me if I had brought the car back he could have done something for me .....but as the oe toyo tires were not on the vehicle ...aah well. Now 234,000 miles on and with Goodyear comfort tread tires on with a 60k mile warranty all is good.