2000 Lexus Es300 Without Vss (Vehicle Speed Sensor)? Expert Knowledge

I own a 2000 Lexus es300. I have been having some issues with my speedometer not reading the correct speed above 60 mph and jerking back to the correct speed around 40 mph.

I checked out the transmission for the VSS, had a Lexus Shop check as well. It appears that the location where the VSS should be has been capped off and bolted.

I know that my model comes with 2 different transmission (found that out when I changed my transmission filter and gasket, there are 2 versions available for each type of transmission). Also was told by a Lexus Shop a while ago that one transmission was better than the other.

Can anyone shed some light on this mystery? Should there be a VSS on every 2000 Lexus ES300 or is this simply a case of 2 separate transmissions? Which transmission is the better one? How is the correct speed transferred to the Speedometer then?

My transmission does not have a VSS, as mentioned the opening has been what looks like factory sealed off. My assumption is the 2 black speed sensors and the 4 wheel sensors are transmitting the vehicle speed to the speedometer. Or it is in a location I have yet to find.