Shift Interlock Solenoid Not Functioning

mickg

My 17 year old son has taken over the '94 LS400 for the past 18 months; proud to say that he is taking good care of it - up to 165,000 miles now.

The shift interlock solenoid suddenly quit working - the shift lever can move from park through all of the gear positions without the key being turned on, or the brake pedal being depressed. Like the good old days.

I note that the solenoid is fused with the ECU and remote door locks. These all function fine. I presume this is just a solenoid replacement?

Mick

• 4 months later...

My 17 year old son has taken over the '94 LS400 for the past 18 months; proud to say that he is taking good care of it - up to 165,000 miles now.

The shift interlock solenoid suddenly quit working - the shift lever can move from park through all of the gear positions without the key being turned on, or the brake pedal being depressed. Like the good old days.

I note that the solenoid is fused with the ECU and remote door locks. These all function fine. I presume this is just a solenoid replacement?

Mick

Brake lights, brake light switch...always on...?