Seat Memory

We've had our first 'problem' with our 07 - the seat memory stopped working. All the manual controls work (yay!).

Anyone have any experience with this? I assume it's the switch. My wife drives the car 90% of the time, so the switch isn't used much. But I can't believe how LAZY we have gotten - it seems like such a pain to move the seat up, and adjust the mirrors!

I guess I should have removed the switch first, to see if I could jump the terminals. Silly me - I bought the Lexus so I wouldn't have to work on the car! So, any ideas?

Thanks for the suggestion, but no such luck!

As they say on Car Talk, before they deliver news that can be an easy fix - or not... 'have you lead a good life? Are you kind to children?...'

I guess I haven't been. The 4yr warranty ended 6 months earlier, of course.

Of the 3 buttons, none seem to work, and the 'set' button doesn't chirp when held.

It may be the switch, but I'm dubious. It is likely something between the switch and the seat/mirrors. Something not cheap.

Time for a NEW RX, with the air conditioned seats! Please donate, now...

• 4 months later...

I mentioned this problem when the car was serviced (and the issue wasn't always the same. The seats would move, the mirrors not. Or nothing would work). The service guy asked if the battery had been changed. It had, tho I think the seat settings had been reset. I reset them again, and all seems to be well.

When I saw only one reply, I assumed it wasn't a known problem.

I mentioned this problem when the car was serviced (and the issue wasn't always the same. The seats would move, the mirrors not. Or nothing would work). The service guy asked if the battery had been changed. It had, tho I think the seat settings had been reset. I reset them again, and all seems to be well.

Strangely,

In my case my seats memory has gotten erased a 3-4 times in the last year as well. I always amounted it to my 3 year old that sometime likes to play driver while I do other stuff in the garage, so I just re-train the buttons and I seem to be fine. But maybe there is more to it.

• 9 years later...
On 11/28/2011 at 12:00 PM, jondoe888 said:

I have the frustrating same problem.  Can you tell me how did you reset the seat settings?  I asked the dealer and they told me it needs a $2,500 part.  I find that hard to believe.  I did change the battery soon after I bought the car.

• 7 months later...