Speedometer Problem

mbald93

I HAVE A 1993 LEXUS SC400 AND ALL MY GUAGES WORK FINE . ALL BUT THE SPEEDOMETER IT READ 20 TO 40 MILES IN-CORRECT. THE TRANSMISSION SHIFTS FINE. IF'S WORST IN THE COOL MORNINGS. I READ THE POST ABOUT THE LS400 CAP. PROBLEM HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO THE SC400. THE DASH IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT THANKS IN ADVANCE

• 1 month later...
I HAVE A 1993 LEXUS SC400 AND ALL MY GUAGES WORK FINE . ALL BUT THE SPEEDOMETER IT READ 20 TO 40 MILES IN-CORRECT. THE TRANSMISSION SHIFTS FINE. IF'S WORST IN THE COOL MORNINGS. I READ THE POST ABOUT THE LS400 CAP. PROBLEM HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO THE SC400. THE DASH IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT THANKS IN ADVANCE

i changed out the three caps in the speedo board and that fixd the problem. this web site is good for research. the dealer wanded 70hr to find the problem it cost me 43.00 for the lamps and the caps.. i hope this help someone....

I HAVE A 1993 LEXUS SC400 AND ALL MY GUAGES WORK FINE . ALL BUT THE SPEEDOMETER IT READ 20 TO 40 MILES IN-CORRECT.  THE TRANSMISSION SHIFTS FINE. IF'S WORST IN THE COOL MORNINGS.  I READ THE POST ABOUT THE LS400 CAP. PROBLEM HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO THE SC400. THE DASH IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT THANKS IN ADVANCE

i changed out the three caps in the speedo board and that fixd the problem. this web site is good for research. the dealer wanded 70hr to find the problem it cost me 43.00 for the lamps and the caps.. i hope this help someone....

It was three capacitors two of which was 25v 22uf and the one was 25v 6.8uf , they cost about 99 cents. I couldn't find the exact size so i went to radio shack and came as close to the same uf as i could. the three caps was location on the speedo guage itself. the lamps i got from the lexus dealership they was about 4.71 a piece part # 83119-24570 at reinhardt motors 720 eastern blvd. mont. al. 36117-1913 (334)272-7147