Dash Lights And Dash Gauges Off

I have a 2000 GS400. I turned me car on yesterday and everything was normal, but my dash stayed dark, and the gauges never came on. I tried messing with the battery and changed the gauge fuse, but nothing changed. Anybody have any other ways to fix this type of problem?

I have a 2000 GS400. I turned me car on yesterday and everything was normal, but my dash stayed dark, and the gauges never came on. I tried messing with the battery and changed the gauge fuse, but nothing changed. Anybody have any other ways to fix this type of problem?

Contact your dealer for a replacement instrument cluster. Not very common, but I've seen it a few times before on that same model (GS300/400) He will need to know your actual mileage so the replacement unit can be programmed to the same mileage.

Uhh, no. Do not buy a cluster from the dealer. A new cluster from the dealer costs almost as much as a used GS.

First you need to determine if the cluster is faulty, or if it's something external. If you do end up needing a cluster, grab one off of ebay. Depending on what the issue is within the cluster, you may be able to keep your memory board for the mileage.

CORRECTION: When I turn the car to the ON position, all the lights on the lower part of the dash come on. (seat belt, oil, engine lights etc.) But the dash never lights up, or needles done move. Also, can't see mileage, or park/gears

• 2 weeks later...

I was gonna say... sounds like a low battery issue. When the car's battery gets low, the car cuts power to all nonessential systems such as the gauges. <_<