I Need You Guys Opinion!

I have a option to buy a 3 year factory warranty extension for my car at a price of $2,150. It is bumper-to-bumper but is it worth it? I mean does the eletrical systems on these cars go bad anytime soon? That is mainly what the dealer was telling me that I needed to get the extended warranty for(the lectrical components)..............of course, it's another $2,150 in their pocket right?

The factory warranty runs out this year since it's a '01 GS300.

What you guys think?

If you are basing the decision exclusively on the premise of electrical problems, then I wouldn't do it. Overall from my experience , japanese cars don't have a whole lot of electrical problems. That also seems kind of expensive, especially since you still have powertrain time left on the warranty, if I'm not mistaken.

It's worth the cost. I bought mine with 44K miles on it and when they offered the premium coverage I said yes. Soon after I had to replace my headlight and the pulley/trottle assembly. The cost for the assembly alone was $1500! So was it worth the extra cost? Hell yea!

When it comes to extended warranties always remember-

They aren't selling it to you out of the goodness of their heart. If most people ever used the extended warranty then they wouldn't make any money on them and they wouldn't sell them any more ;)

Think of it this way, if you don't get the warranty you MIGHT spend $2500 in repairs. If you DO get the warranty you WILL spend $2200 for it.

All financial analysts will tell you to skip the warranty.

O.K. guys. Thanks for your input and I really value your opinions. I talked to a few other GS300-400 owners(old and new generation) and 98% said that they have never experienced major electrical issues or problems.

I think I may skip the warranty all-together.