Remove Alternator From 02 Es300

Anyone removed the alternator from an ES300? Most alternator removals are straight forward. However, on my ES300, their appears to be an additional bolt on the back (right) side of the alternator. It's just next to the left of the oil dipstick. Does I need to remove this to get the alternator out? I've removed all the other necessary screw and the alternator only rotates. Help!!post-9324-0-37838700-1310519230_thumb.jppost-9324-0-75707800-1310519252_thumb.jp

I know on the RX300 that bolt has to be removed. The pivot point sticks sometimes, and you might try a screwdriver inbetween that point and alternator to see if it budges...

Anyone removed the alternator from an ES300? Most alternator removals are straight forward. However, on my ES300, their appears to be an additional bolt on the back (right) side of the alternator. It's just next to the left of the oil dipstick. Does I need to remove this to get the alternator out? I've removed all the other necessary screw and the alternator only rotates. Help!!post-9324-0-37838700-1310519230_thumb.jppost-9324-0-75707800-1310519252_thumb.jp

There are only two bolts you need to remove. The small adjuster bolt at the bottom, and the large pivot bolt at the top.

It needs some extra car...however make sure there isnt a sleeve that is pushed to the left of right holding it up...

Already removed the two bolts. Alternator only pivots. Cant get it to release from the pivot point.

Remember one simple truth-It WILL come off! Don't worry, you won't break anything. Use a screw driver or pry bar at the pivot to pry it loose.