'05 Rx330 A/c-Nav Corruption

Reposado

This morning after starting my 05' RX330 I noticed that the Nav screen was blank. No "I accept" screen, nothing. Pressing a few of the A/C buttons I found that some did nothing at all, and some functioned, although their functions were very different than they should be. No Menus, no trip info, no climate control screens, just stereo control / station info screens that I never used to have at all. It seemed as though only the stereo is linked to the display now, which it never used to be. Then, pressing the "A/C off" button brought back the GPS map.

Weird enough, I thought, as I started out on a 2 1/2 hour trip across the AZ desert. Then, after pressing the Climate Control button, (huge mistake) my wife's side went to full cold A/C, and mine to full high heat with no way to change it. 2 1/2 hours later I wanted to drive this stupid car into the CO River.

Anyone with any similar symptoms or suggestions? I can't find anything similar searching the web and kind of need to know where to stat with this problem.

Update:

Panel buttons still wrong after pulling the battery cable. Had to reprogram the windows and sunroof, but no change to button function corruption. I was able to determine that the passenger side temp up button now controls the master temp down. (that would have been nice to know yesterday)

It appears as though some software or firmware corruption has occurred within whatever module controls those functions. Anybody with experience with this model have any thoughts?

Update:

While searching the forums I found the procedure for accessing the diagnostic nav menu which unbelievably has a test process for the panel buttons. Each one now has been assigned a different function than what it should be, and many of my old functions are not assigned to any button, but there doesn't appear to be any way to change them back.

So I found out that they're all wrong, now what?!?! Lexus must have had a pretty good reason to create a test that does nothing but confirm these button functions, i.e. I can't possibly be the first person on the planet to have experienced this problem.

I've also located a Lexus factory service manual which outlines the above test, and is complete with diagnostic flow charts, which documents absolutely nothing about what to do if the button assignments are incorrect.

I'm 2 1/2 hours away from the nearest dealer that I'd trust to charge me $200.00 for a diagnostic scan that will tell me what I already know.

Question is, what needs to be done to fix this problem, a reprogramming, or a replacement of whatever module must be suffering from early onset dementia?

• 3 weeks later...

Man this one sure has me stumped.

No fault codes, and the dealer is not quite sure what the problem is either. Wants to start swapping parts until the problem is fixed.

No way, someone must have experienced this problem before. I can't possibly be the first.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No fault codes, and the dealer is not quite sure what the problem is either. Wants to start swapping parts until the problem is fixed.

No way, someone must have experienced this problem before. I can't possibly be the first.

Did anything get wet? Nav screen? Did you look in the hatch to see if water is entering the vehicle where the Nav ECU is located?

Did anything get wet? Nav screen? Did you look in the hatch to see if water is entering the vehicle where the Nav ECU is located?

Thanks for the reply. No, nothing wet, anywhere. No signs of previous moisture either, not that it rains much here in the desert where I live.

All connectors appear to be fine as well. Everything was working fine one day, and then all goofy the next.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone with any knowledge of these diagnostic screens take a look and offer any advice?

Below is the 1st screen that you see after the fault code self check when entering diagnostics, and then the second screen that is accessible from the 1st. These are not actual screenshots taken from my car, I found them on the web but they are the same as the ones on my RX330. Everything that I can find here looks ok:

1st%20screen.jpg

However when entering "model Info." from the second screen I am taken here, and this is the actual screen shot taken of my car:

2nd%20screen.JPG

This is where I think the problem may lie. The only touch buttons that do anything are the three on the upper left. (Destin. (Main) / Opening / and BG Color)

A/C Auto and A/C SW beep when pressed but don't seem to do anything. The four on the right don't even beep, and also don't appear to do anything. Also, there appears to be a blank button next to the "Set" button which also beeps but doesn't appear to do anything, nor does the set button. Any idea what that button should be, or why the other buttons don't seem to do anything?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Have the same problem RX330 panel button corruption, Dealer in Maine said that there should be "CORRECTION DISC". I have no idea where to look for it.

Haven't got a clue about such a disc either. I sure would like to get this problem fixed though, not gonna be worth much as a trade in now...

• 1 month later...

sorry, but i have to bump this thread

did you guys find a solution

if the solution was from the dealer what have they done? parts replacement? or simple reprograming using a disc they own that is inserted in the navigation computer

Thanks

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...