Just Got My Is300

ers1973

For some reason its make my car slower rather then faster, most on the take off feels realy heavy. Any ideas anyone

do i need a diff intake maker, I have a weapon R secret on it...

Intakes on these cars don't really do much other than change the sound. You can do a search here and find out for yourself and what does work. I'll give you a hint : PSI

• 3 months later...

For some reason its make my car slower rather then faster, most on the take off feels realy heavy. Any ideas anyone

do i need a diff intake maker, I have a weapon R secret on it...

i have an injen cold air intake on my lexus is300 and it made a world of difference. Not only in the sound but in the horsepower/torque. I took mine down a 1/4 mile drag strip when it was stock just to see what it could do (MAJOR DOGGISH SLOW!!!). 2 weeks later replaced the air intake and it shaved almost 1.5 seconds off the time. yah i know 1 or 2 secs. no big whoop but in drag strip world that is a huge difference. So they do make a slight difference if you ask me. But you have to be careful when it comes to the oil that most cold air intakes use because that oil down the road could cause some problems with your stock parts ie, clogs,buildup,ect. Not common but can happen.

i have an injen cold air intake on my lexus is300 and it made a world of difference. Not only in the sound but in the horsepower/torque. I took mine down a 1/4 mile drag strip when it was stock just to see what it could do (MAJOR DOGGISH SLOW!!!). 2 weeks later replaced the air intake and it shaved almost 1.5 seconds off the time. yah i know 1 or 2 secs. no big whoop but in drag strip world that is a huge difference. So they do make a slight difference if you ask me. But you have to be careful when it comes to the oil that most cold air intakes use because that oil down the road could cause some problems with your stock parts ie, clogs,buildup,ect. Not common but can happen.

A cold air intake made your car a second and a half faster??? WOW! chair.gif