Replacing Corner (Side Marker) Lights

BogeyJH

I am having a lot of trouble removing the corner (side marker) lights to replace the bulbs and can't find any useful info on the how this is done. I have put quite a bit of force on it and I'm concerned about breaking the housing.

Can someone shed some light on how to do this? A tutorial would be great, but some basic instruction would be appreciated.

I assume since you are using the term "marker lights" you are referring to the orange ones near the bottom of the bumper. Those come out in two pieces.

The first piece you need to remove is the one that "wraps" around the front of the bumper to the side of the car- there is a screw on the end that is closest to the back of the car. Remove that screw and pull starting on that section...it will come out of the other piece it's attached to and then you will see the screws necessary to remove the other one that is left.

I assume since you are using the term "marker lights" you are referring to the orange ones near the bottom of the bumper. Those come out in two pieces.

The first piece you need to remove is the one that "wraps" around the front of the bumper to the side of the car- there is a screw on the end that is closest to the back of the car. Remove that screw and pull starting on that section...it will come out of the other piece it's attached to and then you will see the screws necessary to remove the other one that is left.

Thank you for the info.

Actually, I am talking about the clear corner lights adjacent to the headlights. I know the marker lights are actually the orange (or yellow) one in the bumper, but I was seeing the corner lights referenced as side marker lights elsewhere.

and if you are talking about the upper one, raise the hood, remove 1 screw by the fender, on a little tab, gently (with force) pull the light out WATCHING the tab that had the screw in it. (I am doing this from memory, so if any of you guys need to correct me, feel free)...

and if you are talking about the upper one, raise the hood, remove 1 screw by the fender, on a little tab, gently (with force) pull the light out WATCHING the tab that had the screw in it. (I am doing this from memory, so if any of you guys need to correct me, feel free)...

Thanks!

Do you mean to pull forward, in line with the length of the car? Or pull laterally, swiveling the part at the rear of the housing? This is where I was unclear based on other info I could find.

Thanks!

Do you mean to pull forward, in line with the length of the car? Or pull laterally, swiveling the part at the rear of the housing? This is where I was unclear based on other info I could find.

HA, both, you have to wiggle it out, there are 2 PINS that are snapped in their holes (I think)

Billy is correct. It's a little unnerving pulling that light out for the first time, but once you have it off and see how it is attached, you'll have no problem getting it off in the future. I got to be pretty good at it with my previous 92 LS!

As above remove the screw,lift the tab then get your fingers behind the side nearest the hood grille and at the bottom of the light fitting and pull very hard.

The fitting won't break but I did break one of the yellow fixing clips the pegs go into once.

PS be careful not to fall over backwards when it releases,better to crouch down to do it.