Power Steering Pump Vacuum Hose Connection Piece

DIY31

While removing my power steering pump the black part that has the 2 nipples sticking out of it for the vacuum lines broke. Both nipples broke off. Can anybody tell what the name of this part is. It is bolted in and black at the end with the 2 small hoses connected to it. The hoses just slip off.

Thank you

It is called....AIR CONTROL VALVE (ACV)....not to be confused with the IDDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE (IACV) which is mounted in the top/front part of the engine. Anyway, this AIR CONTROL VALVE (ACV) is the one bolted to the PS Pump and has the 2 small hoses connected to little nipples. If you follow the next link you will be able to read about a way you can take the ACV out and just plug the hole...(YES, this will eliminate the 2 small hoses, you can plug the hoses or just remove them and plug the nipples on top/middle of the engine and on the black air intake tube....where the hoses where connected). I removed these hoses and have not notice any difference on the way the power steering behaves and neither have many other members whom also removed the ACV.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls400/343856-all-in-one-power-steering-fix-s-solenoid-acv-plug-drain-flush-bleed-system-diy.html

(SCROLL DOWN AND READ THE PART THAT SAYS; "Removal of ACV valve, and Plugging such valve with the ACV itself")

I HOPE THIS HELPS! :cheers:

I performed this same "fix" on my previous 92 LS after replacing the power steering pump and also noticed no real difference in the way the car drove.

I found that an "Oil Tite" brand 14 x 1.5 MM oil drain plug (purchased from O'Reilly Auto Parts) was an exact replacement for the worn-out air control valve I removed. I used the gasket it came with, wrapped it with teflon tape before installing and had no problems with leaks.

It is called....AIR CONTROL VALVE (ACV)....not to be confused with the IDDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE (IACV) which is mounted in the top/front part of the engine. Anyway, this AIR CONTROL VALVE (ACV) is the one bolted to the PS Pump and has the 2 small hoses connected to little nipples. If you follow the next link you will be able to read about a way you can take the ACV out and just plug the hole...(YES, this will eliminate the 2 small hoses, you can plug the hoses or just remove them and plug the nipples on top/middle of the engine and on the black air intake tube....where the hoses where connected). I removed these hoses and have not notice any difference on the way the power steering behaves and neither have many other members whom also removed the ACV.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls400/343856-all-in-one-power-steering-fix-s-solenoid-acv-plug-drain-flush-bleed-system-diy.html

(SCROLL DOWN AND READ THE PART THAT SAYS; "Removal of ACV valve, and Plugging such valve with the ACV itself")

Do you think the PS Flush steps Neofate posted will work on my 1995 model. The link states 90-94.

Do you think the PS Flush steps Neofate posted will work on my 1995 model. The link states 90-94.

I followed the all the suggestions and instructions as described in the post. Everything worked out great. Power Steering issues gone.