Drivers Side Mirror Broken

someone cracked my drivers side mirror on my 2006 400h, every thing else works, just the glass has a hairline crack, can it be replaced separately, or do i have to buy a whole new mirror unit? for those unaware there is acid behind the glass and yes it did leak out and stain my door. my body guy is fixing that during a front bumper repair.

thanks i purchased the correct mirror only from ebay using your second link, have you ever pryed off the existing mirror, is there a trick to it. i will be doing it at my local body shop in conjuction with some other cosmetic repairs. Also, i do see the instructions at the beginning of your post, thanks again, dave

thanks i purchased the correct mirror only from ebay using your second link, have you ever pryed off the existing mirror, is there a trick to it. i will be doing it at my local body shop in conjuction with some other cosmetic repairs. Also, i do see the instructions at the beginning of your post, thanks again, dave

Hmm, yeah i've never done it before personally but it looks fairly easy from that tutorial. I guess if yours is already broken it won't matter if you break it upon removal! :geek:

• 1 month later...

Any update on how your mirror replacement went? I need to do the same and was looking at buying the same part from ebay, but would like to know if it fit right and if the removal really was as simple as it was described in the other post.

thanks!

In my case the used part was 89.00 as only the glass was cracked. The ebay part that was shipped was in like new condition, we pryed off the old mirror and snapped the new one in place, and everything works. we did not have to paint or remove the plastic housing.