Trailer/towing Wiring - Help!

I know this question has come up on a number of occasions, but I seem to have a setup unique to anything I have researched so far. I bought my 2000 Lexus RX300 used about 4 years ago and now need to fit a trailer. The invoice indicates that the vehicle came with a "Towing Preparation Pkg w/ Transmission Oil Cooler". I stripped off the driver side trim at the rear of the vehicle and found two connectors, one orange and one white. See the attached photo. There is also an electric wire going through a grommet to a black box under the vehicle. This wire is not connected to either of the connectors shown in the photo. I also checked the black box carefully and there is definitely no connector in there that I can hook a trailer harness on to. Can anyone tell me what wiring I need for a trailer? I would prefer not to splice into the existing wiring unless I have to. I think (but am not sure) that I need to hook into the white connector, but am not sure what harness I need, and I also have no idea what the orange connector is for. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

post-130933-0-27733800-1309640994_thumb.

1. Do not splice if the RX has LED lights like the later models.

2. The receiver should come with the wiring. Buy the receiver hitch first and the wiring plug-in should be obvious.

3. Go to the dealer to buy the wiring if you already have a receiver hitch.

4. I'm only experience with the later models so maybe someone else here will have more information.

5. I rarely read posts with "Help" included in the topic but that is my problem not yours.

1. Do not splice if the RX has LED lights like the later models.

2. The receiver should come with the wiring. Buy the receiver hitch first and the wiring plug-in should be obvious.

3. Go to the dealer to buy the wiring if you already have a receiver hitch.

4. I'm only experience with the later models so maybe someone else here will have more information.

5. I rarely read posts with "Help" included in the topic but that is my problem not yours.

Well, thanks for reading my post, and I appreciate the advice. I will swing by the dealer on Tuesday.

Be sure to take your photos of the connections. That will make it easier to compare the dealer's wiring with what you have found.

Good luck.

Be sure to take your photos of the connections. That will make it easier to compare the dealer's wiring with what you have found.

Good luck.

Will do, thanks. By the way, I don't have the LED lights, but am not keen to splice into the existing wiring. That's why I'm looking for a harness which will plug straight into one of the connectors I found.

Bought the Lexus harness through a local tow hitch company as Lexus wouldn't sell it to me direct; they only sell it with the towbar. Cost was $200, but I wanted Lexus wiring to plug in, as opposed to the after market harnesses, which all seem to connect/splice into other wires. Anyway, neither of the connectors shown in my photo are used for the tow harness wiring. There are a number of connectors, the first of which is above the two shown in the photo. The instructions are quite clear and the installation is working fine. Thanks again for the advice.