Where Is Everybody?

ArmyofOne

I know this forum isnt as big and well known as some others, but that what makes it unique. Has anyone heard from or seen Blake918, Rfeldes, or Jchrome? Jchrome is even fairly local to me (about an hr drive). I was looking forward to meeting him, but I havent heard from him since I left Fort Drum NY (in January).

WTF is going on? LOL. :unsure:

Blake moved to a new Toyota Prius, Jeremy (jcrome04) now drives a Nissan Maxima, and one of the last posts from Ralph in October, 2008 said: "Currently recovering in Louisiana from a flood in my home from Hurricane Ike........being underwater still......Sucks."

I know they drove new cars, but thought they would have stuck around.

Blake bought a prius? When did this happen? LOL.

Blake bought a 2010 Prius around early September 2010. A photo of it is now his avatar on this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there Josh! Like Jim said, I traded my LS in 9/10 for a brand new Prius. I didn't make a post about it (other than in the moderator forum), so there's no way you would have known. ;) I browse the ole forum every now and then, but just as a lurker. It's hard to believe that I've had my Prius for almost a year now; I've loved every second of it. I thought long and hard about switching to the Prius since it is so completely different than my previous cars were, and I have no regrets. I love my Prius. My only complaints are minor ones (the lack of fully auto head lights and crappy sun visors come to mind at the moment as my main complaints). And wow, how nice is it to have a car with great aftermarket support. I've really enjoyed modifying my car with a bunch of factory looking mods.

First week I had it. Jeez, those fog light blanks are hideous:

IMG_4681.jpg

Blizzard Pearl White flake shot. It's just a terrific color.

IMG_4680.jpg

Factory looking fog lights; the turn signals have silvervision bulbs in them as well. I hated the "fried egg" look with the amber light bulbs.

IMG_4759.jpg

Leather upgrade that I installed myself

IMG_4799.jpg

IMG_4795.jpg

JDM Leather steering wheel

IMG_1028.jpg

JDM Turn signal mirrors....these are really cool.

IMG_4775.jpg

No exposed wires for the signal mirrors, and you can see the factory looking fog light switch too.

IMG_4777-1.jpg

Illuminated door sills:

IMG_4723.jpg

JDM Grill Garnish

IMG_1027.jpg

I hope all is well for you too!

:cheers:

Blake!!! Why the trade? Was gas getting to you? I thought you were LS4Life! :chairshot:

I am kidding man, good to see you are enjoying the new car! You outta school yet? Whatya doin these days?

Haha, I am and will always be a huge fan of the LS. Why did I trade? Nope gas wasn't getting to me; I traded in when gas was $2/gallon. A number of reasons- after 7 years of ES/LS I was ready for a change, I wanted something with more head and legroom, better seats, something just more modern in general, iPod integration, useable cup holders, better fuel economy, lower maintenance costs, better headlights, the hatch functionality is nice, etc. The biggest reason was I was just ready for a change. Also, my LS needed a few repairs and maintenance items, and I just didn't want to sink any more money in to it (timing belt was coming up, it needed a windshield, shocks, etc.) at the service department, and I didn't want to work on it myself. The other car I considered was a Sonata Limited which was extremely nice, but it just didn't excite me -- probably because I already had a nice 4 door and that's what the Sonata is too. Then, I drove the Prius, and when I left the dealer, I couldn't stop talking about it -- it definitely has the X factor that I was looking for. After the first drive, I thought it over for several weeks and test drove it again 3 or 4 more times before buying.

Yep, I've been done with school for almost two years. I work in operations management for a liquid storage terminal company that's right outside New Orleans. It's a great job.

Haha, I am and will always be a huge fan of the LS. Why did I trade? Nope gas wasn't getting to me; I traded in when gas was $2/gallon. A number of reasons- after 7 years of ES/LS I was ready for a change, I wanted something with more head and legroom, better seats, something just more modern in general, iPod integration, useable cup holders, better fuel economy, lower maintenance costs, better headlights, the hatch functionality is nice, etc. The biggest reason was I was just ready for a change. Also, my LS needed a few repairs and maintenance items, and I just didn't want to sink any more money in to it (timing belt was coming up, it needed a windshield, shocks, etc.) at the service department, and I didn't want to work on it myself. The other car I considered was a Sonata Limited which was extremely nice, but it just didn't excite me -- probably because I already had a nice 4 door and that's what the Sonata is too. Then, I drove the Prius, and when I left the dealer, I couldn't stop talking about it -- it definitely has the X factor that I was looking for. After the first drive, I thought it over for several weeks and test drove it again 3 or 4 more times before buying.

Yep, I've been done with school for almost two years. I work in operations management for a liquid storage terminal company that's right outside New Orleans. It's a great job.

Good stuff! Notice anything new about my sig? ;) No more civic... :wacko:

I know, I know, what was I thinking?