Homelink Garage Door Opener Programing

Hi Everyone, I bought my 2004 ES330 from a Lexus dealer about two months ago and am very happy with the car.Except that I can not program the Homelink garage door opener.I have read and watched the video instructions on HomeLink site,Youtube, Lexus Manual,My garage door site (Genie),different blogs about this .I have tried different senarios such as having the engine running while trying to program or having it turned off.Parked my car outside the garage or inside the garage to see if it makes any difference.Tried to program different buttons incase one might be bad. Nothing has worked.It seems that I am able to do half of the programing where I sync the house opener with the Homelink but then I can not finish with the rolling code of the garage door opener. I am frustrated and can not think of anything else to do. Any help would be appreciated.

And you are following the instructions in your owners manual and any that are specific to your garage door opener model?:

From your owners manual:

If your device is “Rolling Code” equipped, it is necessary

to follow steps 1 through 4 under the heading

“Programming the HomeLink” before proceeding with

the steps listed below.

1. Locate the “training” button on the ceiling mounted garage

door opener motor. The exact location and color of the button

may vary by brand of garage door opener. Refer to the owner’s

guide supplied by the garage door opener manufacturer for the

location of this “training” button.

2. Press the “training” button on the ceiling mounted garage

door opener motor.

3. Press and release the vehicle’s programmed HomeLink

button twice. The garage door may open. If the door does

open, the programming process is complete. If the door does

not open, press and release the button a third time. This third

press and release will complete the programming process by

opening the garage door.

The ceiling mounted garage door opener motor should now

recognize the HomeLink unit and be able activate the garage

door up/down.

4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 for each remaining HomeLink

button to program another rolling code system.

I suppose it is possible that your garage door opener is not compatible. If it is, most garage door openers can be fitted with new HomeLink compatible receivers without replacing the entire garage door opener. It has sometimes taken me several tries to program a HomeLink button - timing is everything. If all else fails, follow the instructions in the attached image. :whistles:

post-2157-0-41703700-1309477208_thumb.jp

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

I feel compelled to comment on this - This took forever to do for me on my new to me ES300 yesterday. I have to recruit my wife to help. I have a liftmaster rolling code opener and it seemed as though, 1st I had to do the regular part with the opener remote and then following the steps and do the rolling code with the opener itself attached to the ceiling. Hope this helps! Also, only 1 of my buttons would program for some reason.