Looking To Buy A 1998-1999 Lexus Lx470

RM 4 LXS

Hi everyone,

I am new to the Lexus forum. I am looking to purchase a 1998-1999 Lexus LX470. I have followed these trucks and their cousins - Landcruisers for a while now. Even though I may think I know a lot - I prob do not know as much as an owner would. I would be most grateful if you all could shed some light on some trouble areas that I should be aware of. The cars that I am looking at are around the 100-130K mile mark. I have found a few in my price range - but wanted to see what I should be aware of. I have driven coupes, sedans and such but never owned a truck/SUV. I am looking forward to the transition.

I would be most sincerely grateful for any input that you all could provide ! :D

Best

RM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I am new to the Lexus forum. I am looking to purchase a 1998-1999 Lexus LX470. I have followed these trucks and their cousins - Landcruisers for a while now. Even though I may think I know a lot - I prob do not know as much as an owner would. I would be most grateful if you all could shed some light on some trouble areas that I should be aware of. The cars that I am looking at are around the 100-130K mile mark. I have found a few in my price range - but wanted to see what I should be aware of. I have driven coupes, sedans and such but never owned a truck/SUV. I am looking forward to the transition.

I would be most sincerely grateful for any input that you all could provide ! :D

Best

RM

LX470 is an indesructible tank. Make sure timing belt is replaced at 90,000 miles. Some may experience failure of the height control sensor(s).