1998 Gs300 Key Program Instruction Needed

thelexo99

Hi All,

can someone provide me with the 1998 GS300 key programming instructions? I have the master and bought a spare key with transponder ($30), but I need to program this spare key. Many forms mentioned that you can do so as long as you have the master key. I can't find any instructions on do-it-yourself.

Thanks.

After recently adding a key to my 98 LS400, I learned that there are actually two procedures that must be performed before the key can be used to start the car.

The first procedure is in the document that 1990LS400 provided- those instructions are for programming the remote to unlock the doors/trunk. Before you can use the key to start the car, you also need to register the transponder/immobilizer with a seperate procedure that involves inserting the key and pressing the accelerator and brake pedals in a special sequence.

Did you find these instructions elsewhere and get your key to work? I have them written down at home and can post them if needed.

• 1 year later...

This thread is a little dated, but if you can post the accelerator and brake pedals special sequence it would be great. Thanks.

After recently adding a key to my 98 LS400, I learned that there are actually two procedures that must be performed before the key can be used to start the car.

The first procedure is in the document that 1990LS400 provided- those instructions are for programming the remote to unlock the doors/trunk. Before you can use the key to start the car, you also need to register the transponder/immobilizer with a seperate procedure that involves inserting the key and pressing the accelerator and brake pedals in a special sequence.

Did you find these instructions elsewhere and get your key to work? I have them written down at home and can post them if needed.