Cargo Mat

How does the Lexus factory all weather cargo mat compare to the WeatherTech? I want the cargo to stay in place. Any experience with either?

I have utilized Weather Teck cargo mats for many years. I also buy them for my kid's cars. IMO, they are good looking and very, very funtional. A very good product!

How does the Lexus factory all weather cargo mat compare to the WeatherTech? I want the cargo to stay in place. Any experience with either?

I have the weatherTech cargo mat and it's very good..Also have the weatherTech floor mats which are very good especially for the winter due to having deep grooves to collect water from snow living here in northeast..

The Lexus oem all weather rubber mats recently came out and they are shockingly thin...But if you want that LEXUS logo you have little choice..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd had WeatherTech cargo mats in the last three cars I owned before buying my RX350 in April. I bought the Lexus one from the dealer because it was $10 cheaper than the WeatherTEch and I could get it right away. To be honest it looks just like a WeatherTech except it says Lexus. I wouldn't be surprised it MacNeil Industries (the maker of WeatherTech) also makes the cargo mats and floor mats for Lexus. BTYW I managed to wear out a WeatherTech rubber mat after seven years. They replaced it free but the new material is nowhere as sturdy seeming as the original English made rubber mat. The new one is some sort of stiff plastic stuff and very thin.

The "new" weathertech floor liners/cargo liners are different than the earlier "mats" or the floor mats they now sell. Weathertech uses computer/laser technology with molding machines to make their floor/cargo liners. I doubt you will ever wear a hole in the liners...I use a product called "Duragloss" to restore the sheen to the liners. It is a NON-silicone based product that does not produce nearly as much "slippyness" as silicone products do.

I'd had WeatherTech cargo mats in the last three cars I owned before buying my RX350 in April. I bought the Lexus one from the dealer because it was $10 cheaper than the WeatherTEch and I could get it right away. To be honest it looks just like a WeatherTech except it says Lexus. I wouldn't be surprised it MacNeil Industries (the maker of WeatherTech) also makes the cargo mats and floor mats for Lexus. BTYW I managed to wear out a WeatherTech rubber mat after seven years. They replaced it free but the new material is nowhere as sturdy seeming as the original English made rubber mat. The new one is some sort of stiff plastic stuff and very thin.

• 3 weeks later...

When I bought my RX in July, and asked about all weather mats, the dealer looked at me like I was speaking blasphemy. I guess they had issues with mats and gas pedals in the past. Anyway, I bought the WeatherTech laser designed mat for front, back, and cargo area. They all fit perfectly, and use the dual pegs on the floor for both driver and passenger.

I have them on my car and my wife's TSX. Both fit well. I highly recommend them, even though they are a bit pricy.

• 4 years later...

Very happy with my Weathertec mats. My dealer recommend I get them online from Weathertec. TiP: Coat them if you get them with Aerospace 303 protectant. They will probably last forever, keep looking good, and will clean up easy and never crack on the surface, other than from abuse.