Antenna Mast Replacement

phanatix

I've purchase an antenna mast to replace my broken one on my 2000 RX300...

The mast is an aftermarket, inexpensive one but stainless steel nevertheless.

When I install it, the motor does not take up the full length of the new mast.

Like I have leftovers... Could it be because the old one has left a broken piece in the antenna housing?

If it is, can someone tell me if you have experienced this and how I can get it out of the antenna?

Thanks!

I've purchase an antenna mast to replace my broken one on my 2000 RX300...

The mast is an aftermarket, inexpensive one but stainless steel nevertheless.

When I install it, the motor does not take up the full length of the new mast.

Like I have leftovers... Could it be because the old one has left a broken piece in the antenna housing?

If it is, can someone tell me if you have experienced this and how I can get it out of the antenna?

Thanks!

I have replaced several of them and I can virtually assure you that's the problem. You need to remove the antenna (assembly) from the car and disassemble it to get the broken piece out. It is a little bit of work to get the trim out to get to the antenna assembly, but not hard to get the assembly out once you get to it. The cover plate will have to removed from the side of the antenna coil to access the broken piece. I always clean and lube the area where the gear strip retracts into before re-installing the assembly and then feeding the mast in.