Tires/wheels/tpms For Snow On Fwd Rx400H

I've read thru most of the posts here on the RX400h FWD performance in snow. I'm planning to spend the winter in CO ski country...so want to equip my car with the best snow tires I can get. The top rated ones seem to be the Michelin X-Ice Xi2 -- but those require that I purchase new wheels. Do I need to also purchase the Tire Pressure Monitoring System ($300 from tirerack) that goes with it? I'm based in TX. The other tires Tirerack viewers rate best for ice and snow are the Bridgestone Blizzak DMV-1..those don't require new wheels. But there's still the TMPS thing. Evidently to register a 2nd set of TMPS settings I have to get all this done at my dealer.

So, wondering what specific recommendations you have for me for which brand/size of tires, whether to get the ones that require new wheels, and whether I really need to hook up the TPMS. My next step is to call Lexus dealers in the Denver area to see what they recommend. My local dealer couldn't help (understandably).

Thanks in advance,

Lynda