Ls400 Misfire Codes, Cel, Vsc, Odometer, Etc

Lexus79

All, I have several issues. The first issue came with my Check Engine Light coming on and never could find the problem. Next my VSC light came on and Rough Idling when I stop. I've researched and many have changed their oil control valves on their car and it fixed the problem. Well I cleaned mine, and the problem still exists. Also, my VSC doesn't work and at times, my speedometer won't work nor will my RPM gauge. Once I start driving it for about a minute or so, the needles on my speedometer and RPM gauge will shoot up. When I had the codes ran on my car, many codes came up especially misfire. I have a 98 LS400 with 198K miles on it. I'm currently at the point where I disconnected my ECU and my ABS/TRC, & VSC units. I have not purchased anything at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I begin start spending big bucks in troubleshooting....

VSC shuts off when a myriad of problems arise - most having nothing to do with VSC. What issues did the codes indicate?

True, I understand that. By the way, I meant speedometer instead of odometer when I mentioned while driving the "odometer" will shoot up. Anyway, I get multiple misfire, fuel is too lean (something to that nature) and I forgot the rest. It's been a while since I had it checked. I've just been driving around with the current condition.

check the codes, also did you clean BOTH oil control valves? (codes p1349/59) you also need to clean the chambers the valves go in. mine was very dirty, took several times to get it clean. AND you might also have a faulty ocv sensor, mine never got to the point of running/idling bad, just the lights were on. good luck, keep us posted.

ran a search and found this: I asked a question about the same lights back in Oct. I reset the code and the lights came right back. Cleaned the Oil Control Valve,Drove for 100 miles and on, thought the problem went away, reported as such on this Forum, and then the lights came right back. A neighbor mechanics helped up to this position. He thought the next thing is to change the Throttle Position Sensor (two of them at $300/each). I decided to send the car to a garage. The diagnosis was, much to my surprise, the Variable Valve Timing Solenoid (15330 0F010 $117 parts). It's related to the CAM according to the shop. Just got the car back before dark today. Drove around and everything is fine so far. The orgiinal codes were 1354 and 1633 for me.

maybe this will help...

check the codes, also did you clean BOTH oil control valves? (codes p1349/59) you also need to clean the chambers the valves go in. mine was very dirty, took several times to get it clean. AND you might also have a faulty ocv sensor, mine never got to the point of running/idling bad, just the lights were on. good luck, keep us posted.

ran a search and found this: I asked a question about the same lights back in Oct. I reset the code and the lights came right back. Cleaned the Oil Control Valve,Drove for 100 miles and on, thought the problem went away, reported as such on this Forum, and then the lights came right back. A neighbor mechanics helped up to this position. He thought the next thing is to change the Throttle Position Sensor (two of them at $300/each). I decided to send the car to a garage. The diagnosis was, much to my surprise, the Variable Valve Timing Solenoid (15330 0F010 $117 parts). It's related to the CAM according to the shop. Just got the car back before dark today. Drove around and everything is fine so far. The orgiinal codes were 1354 and 1633 for me.

maybe this will help...

I did clean both oil control valves and the chamber. I was thinking next maybe the VVT solenoid or something relating to the CAM position. Yesterday, I disconnected the ECU and the VSC units and all the lights went out. Today, the check engine light came back on. The VSC light remains out at this time. What issues were you having with your car???

maybe this will help...

I did clean both oil control valves and the chamber. I was thinking next maybe the VVT solenoid or something relating to the CAM position. Yesterday, I disconnected the ECU and the VSC units and all the lights went out. Today, the check engine light came back on. The VSC light remains out at this time. What issues were you having with your car???

NO issues, just the lights... I dont like them glaring at me.. so I fix them.