Ct200H Paint Issues?

Have a new metallic red 2011 ct200h. It now has about 2500 miles on it. The inside passenger door handle falls apart when you pull the door closed. I'm sure the dealer will fix it, but it's a cheesy snap together design and a minor issue.

My main problem is the paint. Bird dirt eats through the clear coat like hot water on ice. The dealer says don't leave BD on the paint too long. An hour and a half while I'm in a movie is all it takes! I can't park in my own driveway! I had the dealer install IBIX paint protector ant when I bought it. Is it possible it softened the clear coat? The dealer tries to buff it out, but you can still see it. I called the Lexus main support and chat lines. They said it was not covered by the warranty and referred me back to the dealer.

I've had Jeeps, Volvos, Toyotas, Fords and Chevys parked under the same trees and birds for years with no similar problems.

Does the lemon law cover paint? I love the car but don't want to repaint it.

Have a new metallic red 2011 ct200h. It now has about 2500 miles on it. The inside passenger door handle falls apart when you pull the door closed. I'm sure the dealer will fix it, but it's a cheesy snap together design and a minor issue.

My main problem is the paint. Bird dirt eats through the clear coat like hot water on ice. The dealer says don't leave BD on the paint too long. An hour and a half while I'm in a movie is all it takes! I can't park in my own driveway! I had the dealer install IBIX paint protector ant when I bought it. Is it possible it softened the clear coat? The dealer tries to buff it out, but you can still see it. I called the Lexus main support and chat lines. They said it was not covered by the warranty and referred me back to the dealer.

I've had Jeeps, Volvos, Toyotas, Fords and Chevys parked under the same trees and birds for years with no similar problems.

For maximum response, You should also post this in the CT200h forum listed below this ES category, toward the bottom of the page.

• 2 months later...

I'm concerned also because I just got a black CT200H and I've noticed the low quality in the paint job, but have not had any bird doo on my ride yet. I did not add the IBIX paint protector, so I will let you know if I encounter this problem. Let us know if the dealer says that this is covered under the lemon law or not!

Unfortunately this is an issue with all the newer water based paints, not just a Lexus issue.

Best thing to do is keep the paint waxed. These paint protectant packages are worthless, however for the OP don't those packages usually come with some type of staining warranty?

The damage CAN be buffed out, take it to a competent professional detailer. Keep your cars well waxed too, it helps.