Mark Levinson System

Hello all,

I have an 05 GS430 and the Mark Levinson 10 inch sub is blown, is there any sub you can get at the store to replace this without having to buy an amp? does anyone know the specs of the sub like how many ohms and such?

Thanks

Hello all,

I have an 05 GS430 and the Mark Levinson 10 inch sub is blown, is there any sub you can get at the store to replace this without having to buy an amp? does anyone know the specs of the sub like how many ohms and such?

Thanks

Yes... take your car to the Lexus dealership and have them install the correct replacement. The Levinson system is the best in the market, so don'ttry to mix & match a replacement. I had to have my sub replaced and it was worth every penny to have it done right. FH>

What do you mean by "blown". Is the cone torn, or is the foam/fabric around the cone deteriorated. If so you may be able to repair it for a fraction of the cost,That is if your handy and like do it your self projects. A search of this board will find several post with photos on how to do this. If the voice coil is shot, replace the speaker.

Just a thought IF your mechanically inclined.

There is nothing wrong with the foam, when you push it down its not stiff you know like it makes noises, probably something with the coil, anyways I hope there is someone out there that can answer my questions..

Hello all,

Thanks

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:31 AM

Found my shop manual. Will keep it under my pillow from now on.

Here are the Mark Levinson stereo/speaker specs -

Tweeter (these are the speakers in the A pillar) - 2cm, 8 ohms

Squawker (the two up front in the dash) - 6.5cm, 8 ohms

Woofer (in the front doors) - 6x9, 8 ohms

Full Range (in the back doors) - 16 cm + 2 cm, 16 ohms (I think this is where they come up with the two extra to make 11 speakers)

Squawker (center) - 6.5 cm, 8 ohms

OUTPUT - 240 W

Did a simple search of the forum and found this for you. The correct number of ohms for the sub seems to vary from 8 to 16 depending on the source. Obviously if you match the impedance you won't need an additional amp.

Re; your question about aftermarket, the information I found posted indicated that most people had been unable to locate an aftermarket sub that was the correct impedance. The recommended solution was a OEM replacement, and a recommendation of ordering it from Sewell Lexus. Indicate you are a Lexus Owners Club Member and get a substantial discount. Last price I found posted was $298.75.

Paul

• 9 years later...