Instrument Panel And Nav Screen Gone Dim

K.C. Dia

I noticed that I had trouble seeing the time of day led light on my 2010 ES350. I then noticed that the instrument panel as well as the nav screen were extremely dim. I keep the instrument panel on the maximum brightness as my eyes are not that good. Is there a fuse or switch that controls the brigntness and defaults to a medium brightness is it is not working? I just passed 50K milage. Hope it is still in warranty.

The problem suddenly resolved itself! Something must have been loose, maybe my brain. After vehicle sat for an hour, all seems back to normal. Have a feeling it will return.

Hey K.C.

In addition to the Instrument Panel dimming wheel, there is a control for brightness and contrast of the Nav. screen. Just touch Display then follow the touch screen prompts. Not sure this will solve the problem but might help pin down a diagnosis.

Paul

The problem suddenly resolved itself! Something must have been loose, maybe my brain. After vehicle sat for an hour, all seems back to normal. Have a feeling it will return.

Hey K.C.

In addition to the Instrument Panel dimming wheel, there is a control for brightness and contrast of the Nav. screen. Just touch Display then follow the touch screen prompts. Not sure this will solve the problem but might help pin down a diagnosis.

Paul

No, I tried that before it self corrected. I have it set for max brightness and that had not changed.