Navigation Antenna Broken

RexHavoc

I own an LS 430 and snapped my navigation antenna off. I would like to replace it myself and am interested in how to do this and which antenna I should use to replace the factory original...perhaps for improved reception...please help.

I own an LS 430 and snapped my navigation antenna off. I would like to replace it myself and am interested in how to do this and which antenna I should use to replace the factory original...perhaps for improved reception...please help.

You might mean the antenna on the roof (for the Lexus Link).

The antenna for the navigation is located elsewhere (under the top of the dashboard, in the middle):

navicomponents.jpg

Jac

Jac is correct! On our 2006 the Lexus Link was not even installed becasue service would not last past a couple of years, but they still left the stupid antenna in place. I don't think any service is available now for the analog type phone service that Lexus Link used.

The LS 430 for other markets did not have Lexus Link, so they did have a roof panel without the antenna that could have been used. Not wanting the antenna to get ripped off, early on I simply installed a stainless screw in its place. I've tried to figure out some other use for the antenna, but haven't found anything other than some Amateur bands that might work. The antenna can't be used for satellite radio, both Sirius and XM require an LNA in the antenna system, which has to be powered.

The LS 430 for other markets did not have Lexus Link, so they did have a roof panel without the antenna that could have been used.

In the Netherlands, Lexus Link never existed, but the cars do have the roof antenna.

Possibly because it may look a bit odd with some masking plate i.s.o. the antenna.

(I am also happy with the fact that the radio antenna is printed on the rear window. Reception is good and no antenna motor to fail.)

Jac

If you really want to you can use the roof antenna with an external linkup for your cellular phone. On non Lexus Link models in the US that had the phone installed the antenna was patched into it (as opposed to the LL models which had an additional cellular antenna installed on the rear glass).

There is a coax run under the center console that goes into the trunk where you can then patch it into the roof antenna. The coax connector on the center console side is like the one on the back of your TV, however you'd have to find a holster that has an antenna linkup for your phone.

Not sure if you can use it for other uses (CB, etc) but the wiring is there.