1jzgte Or Stock Sc300 Motor?

arsin21

The 1jzget came in the soarer version of our car, a very high potential turbo charged 2.5. Alot of guys in austrillia seem to favor this engine, the 2jzge came in the sc300 and non turbo supra here in the US, the turbo supra recieved a 2jzget which was a turbo verison of the 2jzge ( obviously there are some other differences internally and externally but basically the same )

The basic idea behind the swapping to the 1jzget is getting as much power as possible and at the same time lightening up the car, given a 2jzget would do the job to power wise at least, and I noticed a couple guys on here have just turboed the stock 2jzge that came in the sc300, it comes down to a matter of preference and money really

I believe turbo'ing the stock engine is less expensive than the 1jz-gte due to more components availible. The stock engine is basically identical in every way with the supra n/a.

Turboing the stock engine can still be pretty pricey, assuming you do it right, internals can get costly, the 2jzge and 2jget are basically identical there are some internals and gaskets that are different to withold the boost of tt's

so what cost more turbo charging the stock motor or just getting the 1jzgte?

I want to go for abotu 400+hp and can i put the 2jzgte transmittion and rear end on the sc 300 with the 1jzgte motor?

Definitely turbo the 2JZ, easy to make 400+ hp on stock bottom end, stock cams, stock intake, and a smallish turbo. Parts availability alone make the 1JZ a bad idea, not to mention that many guys on the other side of the pond use the 2JZ short block and make a 1.5J, it is an additional half litre of displacement after all.

The 1JZ, 2JZ-GE, and 2JZ-GTE can all make 400+ whp reliably, if it's TT internals you want then you can swap the rods and pistons into your GE block, or just buy a new TT short block from Toyota, it's the best bang for the buck out there.

Im tellin ya, i have the 1jz and i can find any part i want. I may not be able to go to AutoZone and pick it up that day, but the parts arent the mysetrious pot of gold that people make them out to be. I mean, its a toyota for gods sake, you can find something compatible, but it wont have a huge sign that says" I go with a 1jz!!!"

Honestly, youre never going to find an american site that advertises 1JZ parts. most of the time its going to be a 2jz part that is compatible. you can go to www.raceeng.com or Horsepower Freaks, Titan Motorsports (.com for both). Dont forget about the UK and Australia also as they had the JDM Soarers imported to there. The best AUS site that ive seen is ********. They have a huge forum for the 1jz and any question that you have has already been asked there probably.