Nav System

Guv45

I would like to upgrade my nav system to the newer technology which has higher resolution graphics and.... Hopefully...... Will display complete artist names and song titles in the audio section. Does anyone know if this can be done on a 2005 LS430 ?

I would like to upgrade my nav system to the newer technology which has higher resolution graphics and.... Hopefully...... Will display complete artist names and song titles in the audio section. Does anyone know if this can be done on a 2005 LS430 ?

To my knowledge this cannot be done. The only way to acquire all the new features you want is to make the upgrade to a later model Lexus such as a LS460 or a 2010-2011 ES350 for example.

Anything can be done for a price. You are talking about replacing the whole nav unit, and having it installed...not just a software update. I wouldn't think it would be worth it?

Interesting, I will look into this cool.gif

Looks like the 4th gen 2005 ls430 is highest gen there is possible. The High resolution sceen on 5th gen 2007 ls460 Isn't compatible. The 2005 ls430- screen is capable of Song /Artist display with ipod adaptor or nav sat adaptor either factory or vaistech.

Well it sounds like a complete custom install. Could be pricey and aftermarket installs seldom integrate as cleanly as factor designed in. Recall the NAV for your car is really a NAV and control console for the entire car. If you rip out the diplay unit and put in a NAV unit how will you control audio, HVAC, settings, telephone, ....

If you try to splice in a NAV unit into the existing control head (if this can even be done) you'll be stuck with the screen resolution (pixel size) of the present LCD screen. So this won't fix your fundamental complaint about screen resoltuion.

Probably cheaper to trade in your 2005 for a 2011..... You'll probably pay less than a custom install....