Radio Receiver

sule

Hi,guys i came through 95 sc400 radio and on the deck or type door it says theft deterent is that mean the radio have a code that you have to enter in ever to use in my car?I have 92 sc400 with nac system and that one is nac as well.i will appreciate your help please thanks.

Hi,guys i came through 95 sc400 radio and on the deck or type door it says theft deterent is that mean the radio have a code that you have to enter in ever to use in my car?I have 92 sc400 with nac system and that one is nac as well.i will appreciate your help please thanks.

I don't see any mention of a radio code in the 95 SC owners manual: http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/document/om/OM24412U/pdf/2.pdf

The cassette door on my 2000 LS400 says "theft deterrent design" but I know for sure that the radio is not code protected. My 1990 LS400 did have an anti-theft code and there were detailed instructions in the owners manual on how to set it but almost nobody did. Anti-theft codes were used in other countries on some Lexus models after they were discontinued for the U.S. - maybe Toyota used the same cassette doors in all countries.