Ls 430 Body Changes?

Flick

My computer illiterate brother is look to buy a new LS 430, so here I am doing his homework once again. He has heard different rumors as to when they are going to change the body style. His last trip to the dealership, he was told by the salesman that they are not going to change until 2007. Does anyone have any links or articles that could give him a clear answer so that I can get him off of my back.

Thank you,

Flick

2007 is a safe bet, MAYBE 2006. MAYBE. They've got the new GS launch in early MY 2006 so they may wait until 2007.

Generally Lexus is pretty strict about their product rollouts. With the LS its been new model, 2/3 years minor refresh, new model, 2/3 years minor refresh, new model.

It works out like this

1990-1992 First LS400

1993-1994 Slight refresh (new wheels, passenger airbag, different cladding)

1995-1997 New model

1998-2000 Refresh (new front end, rear lights, wheels, engine and transmission changes, trim)

2001-2003 New model (LS430)

2004- Current refresh (new front and rear ends, new transmission, trim changes, wheels)

So it stands to reason that the 2006 model will be the last model of the current LS430 as we know it now in 2004, and the new model would be 2007.

I doubt both. For one the only 5.0 Toyota has is the V12 in the Century, and its an old engine that isn't much more powerful and not nearly as efficient as the 4.3 liter V8. They MAY increase the bore of the 4.3 to 4.5, maybe.

The real scuttlebutt is about a hybrid version of the LS next time, which would be the LS500H.

Toyota has said that before. Supposedly LSportline was supposed to be like that but they chickened out.

Toyota doesn't do niche marketing well. If it wont sell a whole lot, they're not interested. Thats why we dont have stick shift options, big engines, long wheelbase models etc.

I am not sure what the economics are, however everyone is doing it to SOME extent. I dont think Lexus will stay away from this forever. Even if they had a supercharged "R" model like Jaguar or Bentley or even Volvo!

I'd pay the extra dough. I think they will eventually come around to it, otherwise they risk being uncompetitive in the long term.