Your Not Going To Believe This!

smooth1

This is the exact reason why my wife an I decided to keep our 4runner and skip the Tahoe yesterday. We found one nearby that we liked at a Chevy dealer. Put the kids in the car and drove over to take a closer look. Got there, and it wasn't 5 minutes before he had insulted us to the point of not wanting to reenter the car buying market, period. This guy kept trying to pull us into the showroom. When he realized we had two napping kids in the back, he actually said "they're safe here, besides, nobody wants to mess with a Toyota anyway." My wife and I looked at eachother, then at the 4runner, then back at eachother and said "what are we doing??" Wife got in the car, the salesman said "we'll be right back sweetie, we've got some guy talk to do."

That, *BLEEP*ed me off. I said, "only talking you've got on your plate is to your manager standing in that window watching us when he asks you what happened". The guy actually

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the nerve to say I owed him my name and contact info. When we pulled around to the front of the showroom, with his manager standing there watching, I gave him the one-finger sign of approval...if you catch my drift.

Insult ms all you want, I rarely respond. Insult my wife, and you'll get a direct response, I promise you that!

Had the nerve to say I owed him my name and contact info. When we pulled around to the front of the showroom, with his manager standing there watching, I gave him the one-finger sign of approval...if you catch my drift.

Insult ms all you want, I rarely respond. Insult my wife, and you'll get a direct response, I promise you that!

Oh my god NC, I would have been *BLEEP*ed. No way I would have left by way of anything other than the back of a squad car. A toyota dealer's service manager called my wife a !Removed! in front of me, I tackled him over the counter and laid has !Removed! out flat, I got a few throws in before some salespeople pulled me off of him. They called the cops, I was put in handcuffs, explained my situation to the officer, and the officer told the SM it would be in his best interest not to press charges.

I proceeded to talk to the General of Fort Drum and got that toyota dealer blacklisted (soldiers no longer allowed to bring their business there). In a town of 40,000 people where all but 10,000 are soldiers, and the rest are somewhat poor, it only took 3 months for the dealership to fold.

Have some respect you effin' douche. :chairshot:

Thanks fellas, it was an interesting experience, one that I doubt we'll forget for quite some time. The main reason I was interested in replacing the 4Runner was to give my wife something nice. While my wife and kids were at the beach in nc recently, I got word that our plans to escape Chicago for DC fell through. One of those moments though when you get lucky and don't quite realize it. Long story, but ultimately had the right ending. However, my wife really had her hopes up, and I knew I had to break the news to her. I waited until she got back, so that drive wouldn't be harder on her than it already is. To ease the blow, I told her I wanted her to pick out any car she wanted, practical or not, for under $32k. Wanted her to have some "luxury" in her every day routine of taking care of two little kids alone. That PoS saleman blew a golden opportunity and tainted the whole process from start.

But...NC trying to be a good husband, had a back-up plan. It involves the grand parents, and 4 days of Mojitos poolside in Vegas, minus all diaper bags and all things "Mommy". Our flight leaves OHare at 10pm on August 2nd.... Watchout Elvis, the Griswalds are coming to town, minus Rusty and Audrey. AND this time, Clark had him a little surgical procedure to make sure only two of us come back, unlike last time!!! Love my kids, but two is enough for us!!

AND this time, Clark had him a little surgical procedure to make sure only two of us come back, unlike last time!!! Love my kids, but two is enough for us!!

Now that's funny! :) good luck in Vegas!!!

Haha, thanks Lex! We're looking forward to the trip big time!

Speaking of "you're not going to believe this"..... guess what car sparks my wife's fancy? BMW, Audi, Lexus, MB? Nope.....

A Buick!

I had absolutley no idea either! I figured since she is totally against anything Subaru, a Buick would be even moreso. I was wrong.

So, we're driving down dealership row last weekend while on our way back from a furniture store. There's all the usual luxury players, BMW, MB, Lexus, Acura, VW, Volvo. Really easy to cruise through the lots without having to deal with Monte Hall. We go through all of them. I hear "that's nice, but I don't like it more than the 4Runner." Thought I might've had a bite on an Acura MDX with "yeah, I like it, I guess, it's nice." We get to the end of dealership row, head back onto the street and head home. About a 1/2 mile down the road, there is the Buick lot. Out front sits a 2008 Enclave. She jumps up, and says "I love THAT car!" I quickly look over, and all I see are Buicks. I say "what car? A Buick?" She says "yes, that SUV looking thing". I nearly spilled my ice cream cone in my lap. I said "are you kidding me? Of all the cars in the world, a Buick lights your fire?"

So.....we have found the make and model. Now, I'm just waiting for the right time to buy, towards the end of the year. If you don't know what the Enclave is, here is a link to one. Dealers aren't in the mood to negotiate very much right now (summer time), and I think the economy is going to get jittery again in the fall, which should reduce these prices dramatically. I've got to admit, they're really nice cars, and drive very nice! I've had a couple for rentals in DC in the past. Easy to drive in city traffic, and very comfortable. Whatever we buy, it'll be "certified". Must be AWD, which pretty much limits us to the top of the line models. I tried to push her towards a Chevy Traverse, which is basically the exact same car, just a couple of cosmetic difference. She's not budging. She wants the Buick, either white or red. Heck, she likes the car so much, she even said she liked the brown color. Me, no way on brown. I flush brown, I don't drive brown. :lol:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=66730774&listingRecNum=1&criteria=sf1Dir%3DDESC%26drvTrnId%3D27102%26mkId%3D20006%26stkTyp%3DU%26mdId%3D21058%26rd%3D30%26crSrtFlds%3DstkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId-clrId-drvTrnId%26zc%3D60137%26rn%3D0%26PMmt%3D1-1-0%26stkTypId%3D28881%26clrId%3D27132%26clrId%3D27134%26sf2Dir%3DASC%26sf1Nm%3Dprice%26sf2Nm%3Dmiles%26isDealerGrouping%3Dfalse%26rpp%3D50%26feedSegId%3D28705&aff=national

LOL!! A Buick huh? Down here in tourist town, that's what all the Q-tips drive. So, I guess retirement isn't to far off.....rolleyes.gif

LOL, they have come a long way, but its still VERY Cross-platformed with the Chevy Traverse and GMC Acadia. Honestly I think the Acadia has a better interior. But if the wifey likes it, its important to the sactity of marriage to keep Mrs. NC211 happy! :D

They are REALLY nice vehicles.

If you want something a little more masculine, might want to look at the GMC Acadia like Josh suggested, same vehicle. The Acadia Denalis are really nice. Surprisingly expensive though.

LOL, they have come a long way, but its still VERY Cross-platformed with the Chevy Traverse and GMC Acadia. Honestly I think the Acadia has a better interior. But if the wifey likes it, its important to the sactity of marriage to keep Mrs. NC211 happy! :D

Yeah, but the Buick is the better looking exterior of those.

Yeah, its the basic GM story of the basic same car across all of their platforms. Me personally, I like the look of the fully loaded Chevy Traverse LTZ the best, more of an angled and edgy look. With the highend wheels, I think it really is a sharp vehicle. But the Buick has the best interior finishes across the line. I'm not a big fan of it's exterior though. But, the wife is, so I default to the "I like it" position...

They are expensive, more than makes sense to me. But, does appear to hold value pretty well. Until of course someone else figures out the minivan interior w/ an SUV exterior that isn't huge or massively expensive. The only thing I can think of that comes close is the MB R series. But, too much Detroit in those. I priced a single shock absorber for one a few months back...$2,000! It says something about a car when it's manufacturer refuses to sell an extended warranty on one of their own cars before the new car warranty expires....

Yeah, its the basic GM story of the basic same car across all of their platforms. Me personally, I like the look of the fully loaded Chevy Traverse LTZ the best, more of an angled and edgy look. With the highend wheels, I think it really is a sharp vehicle. But the Buick has the best interior finishes across the line. I'm not a big fan of it's exterior though. But, the wife is, so I default to the "I like it" position...

They are expensive, more than makes sense to me. But, does appear to hold value pretty well. Until of course someone else figures out the minivan interior w/ an SUV exterior that isn't huge or massively expensive. The only thing I can think of that comes close is the MB R series. But, too much Detroit in those. I priced a single shock absorber for one a few months back...$2,000! It says something about a car when it's manufacturer refuses to sell an extended warranty on one of their own cars before the new car warranty expires....

You know, I went and looked at all of them again and actually I want to officially change my position. I agree. The Traverse is the better looking of them. I was thinking they both looked like the GMC version with the odd headlight thing it has. The Buick and the Traverse have the better looking headlights.

And I know what you mean about the prices. Shouldn't we be getting an employee/stock holder discount? LOL!