Iphone 4 Integration

Hello everyone- I've been lurking on this forum for a while and am very pleased with the information I've gotten from it. Thanks for all the generous contributions!

I'm in the process of purchasing a 2008 RX400h, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the SL2i-UP?

This car is going to be for my wife, and I'd like to make the Nav System and Bluetooth phone system as simple as possible. A couple of useability questions for the initiated.

1. Does the native Bluetooth system work via speaker with the iPhone 4 without any additional modifications or boxes?

2. If we do get the SL2i-UP with the override module what are some limitations that we may experience?

Ideally, I'd like for my wife to just be able to plug her phone in, make calls with it, listen to songs on it, and use the Nav system at the same time. Is this a reasonable expectation?

I really appreciate the information in advance, and I look forward to interacting with you for questions and answers about our new 400h.

Cheers

Welcome and enjoy your hybrid, i have no problems integrating the I4 with the bluetooth on the 400h. I do not have a connection for music from the phone so i only use the bluetooth side of the stereo. Of course you will have to sync the I4 with the lexus bluetooth, after that it is automatic.

The vehicles Bluetooth feature is very poor (performance wise for sound and quality) compared to many other Bluetooth Enabled Vehicles. I have tried the iPhone 2g, iPhone 4 as well as various blackberry's in the RX 400h and the result is the same... it SUCKS!

Acura TL, BMW 5 series, M5, Mini (particulary OUTSTANDING) etc... pretty much outperform GEN4 and Gen 5 Lexus / Toyota Bluetooth...

Cheers,

MadloR

Great MadloR... best information ever. Not. I just bought a Lexus... I'm not buying any another car. WTF Mate?

Anyway- anyone that has any helpful information on the SL2i-UP and the iPhone 4 would be greatly appreciated.

I understand your opinion Jim, but dude... solutions are much better received than problems. You can take that one to the bank.

Thanks for the info katzjamr.

Stay frosty,

Hal

Great MadloR... best information ever. Not. I just bought a Lexus... I'm not buying any another car. WTF Mate?

Anyway- anyone that has any helpful information on the SL2i-UP and the iPhone 4 would be greatly appreciated.

I understand your opinion Jim, but dude... solutions are much better received than problems. You can take that one to the bank.

Thanks for the info katzjamr.

Stay frosty,

Hal

With your happy disposition, I see you have invited many to respond to your request for help... ENJOY!!!!

With your happy disposition, I see you have invited many to respond to your request for help... ENJOY!!!!

My apologies Madlor... you missed my point in that the first thing I read from you was that my car "SUCKS." Not really the type of info I was looking for in this forum. But thanks for your contribution. If I'd wanted a Benz or a Beamer or Acura or Mini... I would have bought one. I asked about a specific replacement for the Nav system and it doesn't look like too many people have experience with it. But I appreciate your commentary, albeit lacking. And by the way- I've taken delivery on my 400h since I first posed the question and I've not experienced the same level of performance that you describe in the bluetooth. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for our differing experiences though.

We've decided against this aftermarket Nav system because the one in the '08 400h seems to work well for us.

Thanks again regardless, and my apologies if I offended you Jim.

Stay Frosty-

Hal