Rx300 (2000) Engine Cranks But Wont Start, Help!

Denisk

Hey everyone

So yesterday i parked my rx300 near my house, woke up the next morning to my car not starting. The engine cranks fine, the lights and radio and everything works fine as well, only problem is the engine will continue to crank but never actually turn over. Iv read a few posts on here and iv done some of the diagnostic steps to try and fix the problem.

- Detached and removed the battery for a few minutes.

- Pressed on gas while attempting to start

- Attempted with jumper cables

Iv had no luck so far, but what i have noticed is the security light, it blinks every 3 seconds with or without the key, even on the ON position.

I assume its the immobilizer, because even while cranking, acc, or in the ON position, the security light will just continue to blink. Not sure if im correct or not.

If it is, what are my steps to fixing it, and how much am i looking to come out of my wallet?

Any advice is helpful, considering im not too tech savvy.

Thank you.

Hey everyone

So yesterday i parked my rx300 near my house, woke up the next morning to my car not starting. The engine cranks fine, the lights and radio and everything works fine as well, only problem is the engine will continue to crank but never actually turn over. Iv read a few posts on here and iv done some of the diagnostic steps to try and fix the problem.

- Detached and removed the battery for a few minutes.

- Pressed on gas while attempting to start

- Attempted with jumper cables

Iv had no luck so far, but what i have noticed is the security light, it blinks every 3 seconds with or without the key, even on the ON position.

I assume its the immobilizer, because even while cranking, acc, or in the ON position, the security light will just continue to blink. Not sure if im correct or not.

If it is, what are my steps to fixing it, and how much am i looking to come out of my wallet?

Any advice is helpful, considering im not too tech savvy.

Thank you.

Sounds like your key transponder is not being recognized. Does the remote for the door locks work? Did the key get wet? Do you have another key?