1991 Lexus Ls 400 Nakamichi

wyoherbty

My Nakamichi still plays, but audio is full of static with loss of high and mid range tones. I was wondering ...

1. Are there any repair shops in Tampa/St. Pete that anyone can recommend?

2. How can I diagnose where the problem is? Amp? Receiver?

3. Any recommendations on either replacing with a used Nakamichi or replacing with a newer system from a auto stereo shop?

Thank you very much!

My Nakamichi still plays, but audio is full of static with loss of high and mid range tones. I was wondering ...

3. Any recommendations on either replacing with a used Nakamichi or replacing with a newer system from a auto stereo shop?

Thank you very much!

I would say it is the amp, That is an educated guess cool.gif

One of the biggest car stereo repair businesses in the U.S. is about 100 miles away from you in Longwood FL. The local indie Lexus repair shop I use here in Kansas sends radios to them. I sent my Nak to them a few years ago for repair. My understanding is that parts supplies for Lexus Nakamichi systems are getting very short. Contact info is at: http://www.carstereohelp.com/

If they agree to take a look consider sending them both your head unit and amp. I and everyone else thought that the cause of my Nak missing its right channel was in the amp but the problem was in the head unit.

Guru Member,

Thanks very much for the links, the referral and information. It's a big help!

One of the biggest car stereo repair businesses in the U.S. is about 100 miles away from you in Longwood FL. The local indie Lexus repair shop I use here in Kansas sends radios to them. I sent my Nak to them a few years ago for repair. My understanding is that parts supplies for Lexus Nakamichi systems are getting very short. Contact info is at: http://www.carstereohelp.com/

If they agree to take a look consider sending them both your head unit and amp. I and everyone else thought that the cause of my Nak missing its right channel was in the amp but the problem was in the head unit.

Thanks! Appreciate the perspective.

Thank you very much!

I would say it is the amp, That is an educated guess cool.gif