Cracked Trd Wheel

toytrain

3 months ago I got a hairline crack in one of my 2003 SC430 TRD wheels - causing slow leak. A tire dealer chain (Les Schwab) sent it out and had it welded ($175). Several days ago it started leaking again so went to Lexus dealer where I was informed TRD had gone out of business and no replacement tires available. Was also told welding never works as a permanent cure and I was lucky to get 3 months out of it! Yes I have RFTs.

It seems TRD (Toyota Racing Development) was an independent company and Lexus supplier. These wheels were a $3000 upgrade on the original purchase - which wasn't made by me! Bottom line for me though is that I have to buy 4 new wheels if I can't find one of these wheels on my own - tried eBay and craigslist, no joy!

Anyone know a source or got any advice!

Eureka - I located a source for TRD wheels for my 2003 SC430. He has 3 in stock and sells them as singles for $360 each with all the hardware and free shipping in the lower 48.

These wheels are almost impossible to find in a set, let alone singles. Check it out at

http://www.lexpartsworld.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=788

Business located in Roseville, CA