Air Suspension Conversion Question

photonog

Hi All,

New to the club here. I am purchasing a 2004 RX330 2wd with the adjustable air suspension system. Getting a great deal on the price but the air suspension system is stuck in high. If I run into a ton of money in repairing the system (which my research is telling me can be problematic) is it possible to convert it to a standard spring system? Not interested in what it may do to resale value as I plan on keeping it for a long while. Any thoughts?

Regards,

Scott

Thanks for the welcome!

I did not think there would be any problems either but I am flying in the dark here. Any idea on what something like that would run using OEM parts but "mechanic-friend" labor?

Scott

Look on Sewell Lexus for the OEM parts, they have great prices. As far as labor no idea. I think I would take it to a good Indy mechanic to see how much it would cost to fix it first.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Scott,

Any update on your conversion? I have the same problem with my 2004 RX 330. It has been stuck on high for quite a while now. A collegue of mine told me that his RX 330 is starting to click. We both are interested in converting to struts. Here is a link to the GX conversion kit struts:

http://www.strutmasters.com/lexus-suspension-parts-s/22.htm

Thanks,

Brian