Tax Per Mile-Coming Soon?

pj8708

There is simply no such thing as a tax that replaces another tax.....just another tax.

If we keep making more and more difficult for folks to meander beyond their own neighborhood, and we'll keep locking down the capital flow of money that keeps this country alive....and really cause a problem.

Jack up the interest rates for 18 months, like Reagan had to do in the early 80's, lets suffer two more years, then let's head into another decade of happier times. The more "involved" we allow our government to become in our lives, the longer it's going to take to remove this bandaide. 3 years now... just rip the darn thing off and let's get over this hump. Stop the presses at the Treasury department, and stop ramming me in my debt hole!

Cost me over $50 fill up my car yesterday.... a VW with a 2.0 4banger engine... obscene!!

Is there such a thing as legislation that creates a new tax, which when put in place voids an existing tax in the same category and code. If it were "another" tax, there would be two taxes and two streams of revenue. That is not how I read the article.

More importantly, you wrote a while back that you thought you had a good chance to get out of Chicago and back to the east coast. Is that still working out for you and your family?

Paul

FFFFFFFFF...TAXES!

This is what worries me about you Lexir....You always hold back your true feelings. You never let out your real emotions so you can get in touch with that little Lexir inside LOL..LOL!!!!!

It just kills me the waste that we have come to accept from our government and their answer is always raise taxes or tax this, we can put a fee on this or that and raise the cost of stamps, we need more revenue. NO the dumb politicians need to wake up and get the budget under control. Let's raise our debt limit! God I would love to max out all of my lines of credit, my credit cards, run my business in the RED for years and go to the bank and say I need you to raise my credit limit, call American express oh I know I am maxed out but I need to but I need you to increase my limit because I need to buy some more things. And to be perfectly honest what really bugs the s h I t out of me is that they want to raise the limit and not stop spending.

I could keep going on and on...

Jack up the interest rates for 18 months, like Reagan had to do in the early 80's, lets suffer two more years, then let's head into another decade of happier times. The more "involved" we allow our government to become in our lives, the longer it's going to take to remove this bandaide.

You took completely opposite stands in these two adjacent sentences. Which do you want? More government control or less government control?

Today, Leon Panetta, nominee for Secretary of Defense to replace Gates, told congress they needed to prepare themselves for several billion dollars in defense department budget cuts if there is a hope in bringing the budget in line. John McCain responded that, that was not going to happen and no cuts would be made in the defense budget. This is a Republican Senator talking to a Democratic nominee.

Talk about things backward in Washington.

One suggestion I will make to reduce the budget/tax load is to eliminate the subsidies to all oil companies both refiners and producers. Talk about obscene, If we could get the Social Security trust fund to generate the kind of profits the oil companies do using our tax subsidies, we could all retire at birth!

• 3 weeks later...