Looking At Purchasing Used 2008

Greeting,

I'm looking at purchasing a 2008 LS 460 with about 53300 miles on it for about $40,000. Pretty much loaded out. What do you guys think?

Note: I own a 1999 LS 400.

Have you looked at Kelley Blue Book for a current market price. That is about the best benchmark unless you can find a regional used car value resource. I usually shop several dealers on line to get a feel of the current value.

What are doing with your present car. Keeping, selling, or trading?

Paul,

I did a Cars.com and Edmunds search and the car is extremely competitively priced and it includes: Comfort Package, the Navigation System and Advanced Parking Guidance Package, the Navigation System/Mark Levinson Package.

I’m leaning on keeping my LS 400 just because I’m a little concerned about the 53K miles on the LS460. I drive about 30 miles each way; so I’m thinking about keeping the LS 400 and have it rack up the 60 miles a day commute.

Previous owner was brought the car in often for routine services, based on Car Fax. The car was serviced every 3 months or 5K. Only “issue” I see is the Dealership looked at the door window during every service. I test drove the car and it was super quite. Nothing wrong with the window, controls, door, or seals and I didn't hear any wind noise.

I LOVE the LS460! I looked at edmunds TMV price and that price is just about right. Maybe try to get it out the door for 40k. Good luck!

Paul,

I did a Cars.com and Edmunds search and the car is extremely competitively priced and it includes: Comfort Package, the Navigation System and Advanced Parking Guidance Package, the Navigation System/Mark Levinson Package.

I’m leaning on keeping my LS 400 just because I’m a little concerned about the 53K miles on the LS460. I drive about 30 miles each way; so I’m thinking about keeping the LS 400 and have it rack up the 60 miles a day commute.

Previous owner was brought the car in often for routine services, based on Car Fax. The car was serviced every 3 months or 5K. Only “issue” I see is the Dealership looked at the door window during every service. I test drove the car and it was super quite. Nothing wrong with the window, controls, door, or seals and I didn't hear any wind noise.

Sounds like a great car. The price is certainly fair. If it was my decision I'd go for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have an '08 and am real happy with it.

You might check and make sure the Valve Spring Recall has been done.

Whit

Whit, that picture scared me. I seem to see a meaning behind it.

Purchased a '08 LS460 a couple weeks ago and LOVE it! The best word to describe it is "sublime". I also have an '08 RX350 and just sold an '01 ES300 Coach Edition that I bought new. As a music lover I've always wanted the Levinson system. My LS460 has this and the sound is AMAZING. The automatic doors are also a neat feature.....but not sure what the purpose of this is.

• 3 weeks later...