Blown Big Fuse, No Start, No Dash Lights. Removal Instructions..

Crispy

Friend's '01 LS430 no start with no dash lights or gauges. Found the blown, square 160 amp fuse in the long box under the hood. Thanks to this forum, I discovered you must get this box free and then manage to split it open to access the bolts that secure the fuses. I think this may have happened from crossing jumper cables... Thanks!!! I never would have figured this one out.

You should also disconnect negative lead of battery cable when working on electrical stuff. Especially these positive lines from the battery. Just in case a wrench touches the chassis somewhere. Creating a dead short on very heavy gauge wires from the battery isn't going to make your day. Glad you're back up and running.

You should also disconnect negative lead of battery cable when working on electrical stuff. Especially these positive lines from the battery. Just in case a wrench touches the chassis somewhere. Creating a dead short on very heavy gauge wires from the battery isn't going to make your day. Glad you're back up and running.

He did not choose the name "Crispy" for nothing! :lol: