How To Replace Taillight Assembly On 07 Es350

I noticed my right rear (fender) taillight assembly was broken on my 2007 ES350. I have no idea how that happened. There is no body damage. I ordered a used one off of ebay and it has arrived. It is in very good condition.

I need some help with replacing the assembly. I would appreciate it if any of you know where those directions may already exist or if you could provide those directions, that would be great. Thanks very much for any help.

I decided to go ahead and try this task without instructions. The biggest help for me was having the replacement taillight assembly so I could study the points of attachment. These instructions are for the taillight assembly that fits into the rear fender. The biggest help was having the replacement taillight assembly to study the points of attachment. The first thing you do is remove the small 4”x4” cover that provides access to the bulbs. After removing the cover, remove the 3 bulbs (twist ¼ turn). The light assembly has 3 threaded studs. You will need to remove the 3 nuts securing the studs. Two of the nuts are obvious when you remove the small 4” x 4” cover. The third is more difficult. It is located behind the black plastic trim piece that is attached to the taillight assembly. You will need to partially push the hard plastic trunk trim piece that runs along the bottom of the trunk opening and up the sides of the trunk opening. It is secured by 3 or 4 plastic buttons and a couple of bolts. You just need to loosen it and then push it toward the front of the car 4 or 5 inches so that you can get to the third taillight stud. You will then pull the taillight assembly to the rear of the car. The taillight assembly, in addition to the 3 studs, has a couple of tabs that secure it. Pull the taillight assembly to the rear in order to pull it out of the tabs. It takes a medium amount of force to pull it. Hope these instructions are helpful to someone.