Installing Side Moldings

Ordered side moldings from Lexus Sewellparts site, printed directions...purchased 3m solvent (removes wax/dirt), rubber roller(to press on moldings), 2inch masking tape,...Read instructions several times as i was nervous about doing it proper. The first side took me an hour due to measuring (it`s easier to measure in millimeters as both inch/mm are offered in directions)

Second side took me 10 min.

I bought moldings for $100.. rubber roller tool $15.. 3m adhesive removal spray $12.. Lexus charges in excess of $350 to install.

I was very nervous but if you follow directions it's actually quite easy...Also Wear -knee pads- Very important!

Bottom Line: I saved money , my car doors are protected and they LOOK GREAT !

good luck to anyone who tries it..it can be done.

can you post pictures?

Ordered side moldings from Lexus Sewellparts site, printed directions...purchased 3m solvent (removes wax/dirt), rubber roller(to press on moldings), 2inch masking tape,...Read instructions several times as i was nervous about doing it proper. The first side took me an hour due to measuring (it`s easier to measure in millimeters as both inch/mm are offered in directions)

Second side took me 10 min.

I bought moldings for $100.. rubber roller tool $15.. 3m adhesive removal spray $12.. Lexus charges in excess of $350 to install.

I was very nervous but if you follow directions it's actually quite easy...Also Wear -knee pads- Very important!

Bottom Line: I saved money , my car doors are protected and they LOOK GREAT !

good luck to anyone who tries it..it can be done.