Error 2112, 2238, 2241

last saturday i was at a stop light and lost acceleration completely. turned the car off and restarted it a few seconds later and had acceleration for about 5 seconds then gone again. no noises and engine runs fine, tranny engages and i drive home at about 1-2 mph.... long trip! bought an obd ii code reader from sears and got code 2112, 2238 and 2241. i need a list of the codes and directions on what to do to rectify them. Could this have happened because I had changed the plugs and when i put everything back together i did not plug in the throttle position sensor until after i started the car and realized i had no throttle control??? i erased the codes today and it works fine now and the codes did not come back after i drove the car.... in my complex... for a few minutes... any advice please?

year?

google the codes. usually can find some segment of the FSM on line that will help trouble shoot.

not sure about the tps thing, but maybe you could disconnect the battery for a while, then w/ tps switched in, reconnect battery = simple reboot of computer.

LL

year?

google the codes. usually can find some segment of the FSM on line that will help trouble shoot.

not sure about the tps thing, but maybe you could disconnect the battery for a while, then w/ tps switched in, reconnect battery = simple reboot of computer.

LL

2003 model es 300

after reseting and driving around last night check engine came on again. this time i have code 2238 and 2241 a/f sensor bank 2 sensor 1 and bank 1 sensor 1. are these O2 sensors??

These are the codes:

MIL DTC

P2238 Air Fuel Sensor 1 (Bank 1 Sensor 1) Pumping Current Signal Low

P2241 Air Fuel Sensor 1 (Bank 2 Sensor 1) Pumping Current Signal Low

Here is the diagnostic report

Date Created: 6/2/2011 4:35:13 PM

Year: 2003

Manufacturer: Toyota

Make: Lexus

Model: ES 300

Engine Type: V6, 3.0L; DOHC 24V; VVT-i

Transmission: Automatic

Mileage: 92348

Monitor Information:

1. MIL - OFF.

2. Misfire Monitor - Complete.

3. Fuel System Monitor - Complete.

4. CCM Monitor - Complete.

5. Catalyst Monitor - Not Complete.

6. Heated Catalyst Monitor - Not Supported.

7. EVAP Monitor - Not Complete.

8. Secondary Air System Monitor - Not Supported.

9. O2 Sensor Monitor - Not Complete.

10. O2 Sensor Heater Monitor - Complete.

11. EGR Monitor - Not Supported.

12. NMHC Monitor - Not Supported.

13. Nox Adsorber Monitor - Not Supported.

14. Boost Pressure System Monitor - Not Supported.

15. Exhaust Gas Sensor Monitor - Not Supported.

16. PM Filter Monitor - Not Supported.

They stopped using o2 sensors around '98 and began using A/F sensors. Different technology apparently, but they do the same function. Unlike o2 sensors, w/ AF sensors low voltage means low oxygen content in the exhaust, but not sure if that is what "pumping current signal" is. It is possible both sensors went out at the same time, but ....

Need to follow FSM diagnostic table to find a more generalized source of bilateral AF sensor malfunction, i.e. something is making both sensors read low. That could be caused by some type of problem on the intake side, a bad MAF sensor for instance, but not really sure what could do this.

LL

could a bad battery be the problem?? i noticed the car starts slightly harder last few weeks... also where would i find FSM diagnostics pls? is that something i can buy or download for free?

bad battery unlikely cause imho

the hard starting is probably related, tho, as you probably aren't getting enough air through the intake

which makes burning the fuel/air mix harder and sends the af sensor codes, might want to start cleaning things that can be like the maf sensor, idle air control valve, throttle body

try googling "es 300 dtc p2238 2003" and cruise the results, likely someone has put up the diagnostic page.

Can sometimes buy the fsm on cdrom on ebay for a few bucks.

If you know a friendly mech he can via alldata...

LL