Fraudulent Sales Practice Of Lexus Englewood Nj

Lexus of Englewood defraud me and my wife and sold us non-genuine parts and services of Lexus.

1. False promise – Financing person promised to provide a body protection service for appx. $700. I believed that the work would be incorrectly done by the dealer. However, later I found that the work was done by a third party. I requested a partial refund, but they refused. I detrimentally replied on the person’s promise and paid large sum of money, which is substantially more than the reasonable market price for the identical jobs. It is a unjust enrichment.

2. Deceiving Sales practice – My wife bought a new car from them. She paid about $3,000 for the entertainment package. When we picked up the car, the system was not factory installed. They NEVER informed me of the third party product. We would not have bought the system if we knew that the dealer would put a third party product. Based on the entertainment product manufacturer, Rosen, the unit does not fit in my wife’s new vehicle. Englewood Lexus must have mutilated, without out authorization, the vehicle. We believed that we were buying a genuine Lexus product, but the dealer intentionally concealed and defrauded us. One of the headset is NOT working already.

• 1 month later...

Lexus of Englewood defraud me and my wife and sold us non-genuine parts and services of Lexus.

1. False promise – Financing person promised to provide a body protection service for appx. $700. I believed that the work would be incorrectly done by the dealer. However, later I found that the work was done by a third party. I requested a partial refund, but they refused. I detrimentally replied on the person’s promise and paid large sum of money, which is substantially more than the reasonable market price for the identical jobs. It is a unjust enrichment.

First off, the package is a total rip off in the first place.

But, these packages are always done by third parties. You wouldn't want a tech at the Lexus dealer to do that anyways because they aren't trained to do so. This is common practice and is a non-issue.

Nothing in the law says that someone can't charge whatever they want for a service. You overpaid, and you should have done more research beforehand. Your fault, not the dealer's.

2. Deceiving Sales practice – My wife bought a new car from them. She paid about $3,000 for the entertainment package. When we picked up the car, the system was not factory installed. They NEVER informed me of the third party product. We would not have bought the system if we knew that the dealer would put a third party product. Based on the entertainment product manufacturer, Rosen, the unit does not fit in my wife’s new vehicle. Englewood Lexus must have mutilated, without out authorization, the vehicle. We believed that we were buying a genuine Lexus product, but the dealer intentionally concealed and defrauded us. One of the headset is NOT working already.

Did you ever look into the options available on your vehicle to see if the rear seat entertainment option was on the sticker?

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Yeah, the use of third-party vendors for non-factory stuff is pretty common. Lo-Jack is offered through third-party vendors ONLY. Your best judgement would be physically see the option on the car. If the option is available for that vehicle (look through the broucher), ask them to Dealer Exchange (DX) the car from another store. they can work on that.

For non-factory electronics and Paint protections most of the times they are cheaply installed. A quality shop will charge you top dollar for the install alone, but when the dealer is selling the product it basically means the sales department and the installation company have come to an agreement to install the product for this price (much lower than they'll charge you for that product).