Dash Going Bad Cracks Developing

My wife's 2006 RX400h dash is developing cracks. Is anyone else having this problem? The car is garage kept and she uses a sunscreen when she parks at work.

Thanks,

Lenny

My wife's 2006 RX400h dash is developing cracks. Is anyone else having this problem? The car is garage kept and she uses a sunscreen when she parks at work.

Thanks,

Lenny

You only need to post your topic once please.

This is a known issue with the 03-04 GX470 and 04 RX dashboards, and it appears that it will also continue into the rest of the 04-09 Rx330/350/400h model years as well.

I think if the car's under warranty Lexus will replace it, but outside of warranty most likely not as there's no real TSB or recall for it yet...

• 3 weeks later...

Talked to the dealer and first thing out of his mouth was it's out of warranty.

Then he said it's a known problem and if you pay $400 for the labor we will throw in the parts.

anybody have any ideas.

Lenny

Then he said it's a known problem and if you pay $400 for the labor we will throw in the parts.

anybody have any ideas.

It sucks that the dash deteriorated - poor design and/or manufacturing issues that shouldn't cause a problem like this even on a 20 year old vehicle.

But $400 sounds like a trivial amount for a new dash on a 5 to 6 year old vehicle. Looks like they are offering you one hell of a deal.